cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboarding new customers

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

It would be really cool if PM would publish some information about the recent promo plan.  I think it could even help distinguish PM as an open carrier who is direct and open about their customer experiences.

That said, this is more of a curious question  than anything else...

How many new customers were brought on board during the promo period?  How does that compare with previous periods in time?

What percentage of new customers had issues activating an account?  How about the number who had porting issues?

I'm willing to bet that overall, PM performed pretty well!

Cheers,

Neil

13 REPLIES 13

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I should've written, most people who input the CORRECT info don't have issues. 🙂

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Most people have no issues, it's the small minority that come here for help.

Noone beleives us on this Cat Wink

They think it is a conspiracy

Rockdaddy22
Does your new sim not work?

philipdoss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

We tried to port a wind number to public this morning, and we have lost service on the wind mobile number can you please let me know if it is already ported?

Rockdaddy22
Most people have no issues, it's the small minority that come here for help.

exsoldier84
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think it was a smart move on PM's part to provide this promo deal when they did.  They probably managed to entice a lot of people to switch phone carriers to PM.  The timing was key for them, because many people were probably waiting for black friday/holiday deals and promos from their own carrier or other carriers.  Because PM launched their promo, they essentially were able to capture majority of those customers who were planning to switch/upgrade.  I see Fido/Koodo already started to roll out their promos.  In fact, Koodo and Fido are willing to match the PM promo, but it's not publicly announced.  You will need to jump through several hoops with their customer service rep to change your plan to match PM's. 

However, I just jumped ship from Rogers and swtiched to PM during their promo and I've been extremely happy ever since.  Everything is just so easy and convenient.  I've never had any of the issues that some people are posting about, albeit they're issues are no doubt real.  I guess I was lucky.  I was able to help 6 of my friends to do the same and they had no porting issues or logging in issues as well. 

@ShawnC13 depends

If you frequently change phones it can cost less with a subsidized device (even paying penalty to leave early)

Yes I understand hardware discounts just not sure why people would leave here for a hardware discount?  People would be better off to buy an unlocked phone and keep their plan here for the better plan rate.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

What do Black Friday and Boxing day have to do with this?  Are you thinking other providers will be offering huge deals on plans??  Just wondering what you think is coming from them

They always do

Usually hardware discounts but some are already announcing service discounts

@kav2001c wrote:

Also not to be cynical a more important metric is how many clients they KEEP

And for that they need to get the ship righted very soon

Otherwise Black Friday and Boxing Day are looming large

What do Black Friday and Boxing day have to do with this?  Are you thinking other providers will be offering huge deals on plans??  Just wondering what you think is coming from them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Also not to be cynical a more important metric is how many clients they KEEP

And for that they need to get the ship righted very soon

Otherwise Black Friday and Boxing Day are looming large

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13,

Totally agreed.

Cheers,

Neil

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

We may get some of those numbers but really I would hope that if we do it doesn't come until all the people that don't have service are taken care of.  That has to be the first priority and then they can dazzle us with some numbers

Need Help? Let's chat.