cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting Bell to PM, it has been days!

kayvee2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to port a number from Bell to PM. It has been over 5 DAYS since I activated PM and started the porting process.

Will my account start date be pushed out?

Please advise, thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

@daredogg I took it one step further here if you are interested in bravo it Cat Wink

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Free-Month/idi-p/104273

@kav2001c @CaNuCk07 

Well that's great! Thanks for letting me know! I think that's a good gesture, and it should be extended to those who had to wait.

smayhew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I am experiencing the same porting issue from Bell.

I have

1) messaged MODS (more than just one MOD)

2) messaged 2x PM staff 

3) Used Twitter requesting assistance

4) I have a ticket number for the issue (the ticket said that my issue would be resolved in 48 hrs) and have included this information in my communications with PublicMobile

I also use my phone for work and it is very difficult to work when you can not receive incoming calls or text messages.

I am appreciative of the hard work that everyone is doing in an attempt to rectify the situation but I am ON DAY 7 without fully operational service.  

I am victim to an ineffective porting issue and unfortunately, I must simply wait.  

I would recommend

1) @Dave_M please address the community and apologize for the inconvenience and clarify what will be done to compensate those who are affected.  

2) That a PM Staff member please address which day (ie Nov 15th) that their team is working, on a DAILY BASIS in a thread.  If PM staff were to do this, my guess it that it would significant reduce the number of DMs to MODS and PM Staff because there is some transparency being communicated.

3) That a PM Staff member please communicate to the community an estimated time frame in which PublicMobile assumes that the issues will be fixed.

We just want to know what is going on and have that plan communicated to us. 

Thanks

Patiently waiting......

@Brooke_C@Mary_M@Saray_O@Shazia_K@Dave_M,

@daredogg  Rockdaddy mentioned it in a post earlier this morning.

@daredogg wrote:

@CaNuCk07 are you sure that PM adjusts the account start date after a port? I'm pretty sure they don't.

@daredogg the rumour is they are doing this because many people (myself included) have been without service for days

I have not seen any official announcement yet

kayvee2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @xCameron94x for the tip, I'll try social media as well

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

also try messaging them on social media (facebook or twitter) people have been saying its much faster there 

@CaNuCk07 are you sure that PM adjusts the account start date after a port? I'm pretty sure they don't.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@kayvee2  Yes your account date will be pushed out.

Have you sent a private message to the moderators advising of your issues?

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Have you attempted to contact one of the moderators? You'll need to send a private message to one of them with your account details, and they can help you. Moderators have a MODtag beside their names.

I'm not sure if PM will adjust your account start date, because technically it started when you activated. Porting is separate from activation, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

If you need help sending a private message to one of the moderators, let the community know.

Need Help? Let's chat.