cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on refund from Black Friday chaos

Radkom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On Black Friday I tried to subscribe to a plan. It never worked (error code M.8701). But I was charged 9 different times - basically everytime I tried to subscribe  (total of $342.72). The charges are on my credit card statement but I have no service from PM (nor do I want service after this). I have of course been in touch with agents who are “looking into it”. This is unacceptable as it has been 2 weeks and I have been charged a substantial amount for a service I do not have. My question is, has anyone else who was charged erroneously like me been refunded? Yesterday I sent the agents a follow up message to inquire about the status, I received a response today asking for basic info like email on the account. I provided very detailed information to the agents weeks ago when I initiated the discussion with them. So now I feel like I’m going in a circle with them. I want my money back!!!!! 

10 REPLIES 10

marankathir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I had numerous troubles activating. I originally joined Public Mobile on this year's Black Friday.

@marankathir  Wow and are you still being charged every 30 days . That’s sounds unusual did you have troubles activating when you joined PM how long ago was this 

marankathir

Hi

Bro

They also charged me 10 times extra times. I've tried communicating with multiple agents, but everyone is telling me to call my credit card company to solve the problem. I have contacted my credit card company and filed a case against Public Mobile, but I have not received an answer yet. I've lost $38.42 TEN times, coming to a total of $384.20 which I demand a refund for. Nobody is giving me a solution. I am very disappointed. How would I ever refer such a company to anyone else? 

joanmaloney001

Its not a sim issue, I'm a tech expert.  The port is only half ass complete, I'm able to phone her with my public mobile phone, she can phone out, but other networks can't phone her.  I've tried explaining this but the reps don't have enough comprehension to understand and is extremely frustrating. 

@joanmaloney001  Try reseting network settings . Or try the SIM card in another phone to test . If still not working messsage support again and ask if they can re provision the SIM card in there end . To see if that helps 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

joanmaloney001

I removed the old sim, her old phone account cancelled as we've been trying to deal with it on the other end. Its a **bleep** show now. and the phone number is ACTIVE on her current public mobile phone. 

@joanmaloney001  I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for your mom . Just remember to leave old providers SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text 

joanmaloney001

I don't know why I recommend anyone go with this company, I recently had my mom transfer her number to PM and it was caught in a porting issue, and now they can't even read my issue and respond to it.   The number comes up on her profile, but certain network providers like ROGERS, FIDO, etc cannot call it.  And the support agents don't have the reading comprehension or english level to understand this.   They're asking all the normal support BS but they can't understand the issue.   Once it works we don't need any support but it would be nice to have someone that could actually read english and help once and awhile.   I had the same porting issue about 8 years ago and it took WEEKS to get fixed. WEEKS. Also had to pull teeth with support to get that one fixed.  Now we're in the same boat.  This is absurd. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Radkom  You can use this link to check your community in box for their reply 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

if still no reply use this direct link to messaged them again 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

You need to reach out to a CS Agent and speak to them.

Myself, I've never had issues with over charging. However, with regards to dealing with CS Agents, they are all overseas. So you may not get the same one helping you all the time. You may ask that this be escalated to a supervisor. If you don't get a proper answer or a resolution, you do have the right to contact your credit card company and ask the fees be reversed. Take screenshots of the conversations and show your bank you've made attempts to resolve it with no avail. 

Need Help? Let's chat.