cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special offer?

timchoy711
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got a text message claimed to be Public Mobile, saying there is a special deal for me for $40 for 15GB. It asked me to reply "Yes" to accept it. I believe it is SCAM and can hack in my phone if I do it. Anyone receiving a similar text message?

16 REPLIES 16

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Karin2   You need to click the down arrow to the right of the plans.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Karin2   Yes login to your account to change to this offer.  Make sure to select Change at Next Renewal as PM doesn't prorate for unused days left in your current cycle.  Also, select the correct $40 plan as there are two for the same price.

Karin2

It shows up in the background but when I scroll over to it the mouse fades away 🙂 and it won't let me click on it

timchoy711

You just need to go to "change plans" and then there will be one for changing to $40 and 15GB. I just changed myself

Karin2

I pay $60 for this plan on 3G. Am I eligible for the $40 offer? I can see it in my account but I can't click on it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @timchoy711   the deal is real.. but is the text real?  What happen if people reply YES?  how PM knows if you want to change on next renewal or change now?  Weird

timchoy711

It did not say so I assume no

Kruss22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I received the same memo and it’s legit. Public mobile uses SMS as a method to update you on the latest features and plan options. You can always reply “STOP” if you don’t like receiving those memos, however then you won’t get possible bonus deals. 

mmura5612
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a catch with this offer? I received the same text but with no context, is this only for a limited time only? 

@timchoy711 , if you select change plan and select the 4G plans and scroll through the list your will see it there. The plan is not listed in the community links.  

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@timchoy711 When you go to change plans, there's 2 $40 options, select the 15 GB one.

timchoy711

I saw it now when I try to change my plan. Thanks.

timchoy711

I did not see it when I log into my account. Where can I see it?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It’s legitimate. Great deal!  😁

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@timchoy711 hi it's a legit offer just sign into your account to change plans if you wish 

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received the same text message too. If you're interested in the offer, maybe it's better to schedule the plan change in self-serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.