cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on

JulieG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a $10 for 50 minute canada-wide prepaid plan.

Starting today I can't make any calls, I get a message...

"Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have an activated long distance add on.."

I have looked at my call usage and totalled it up to 39 minutes so far. My plan renews on the 31'st, it is the 29'th today.

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

JulieG

@RobertQc wrote:

You can also give the lost/stolen trick a shot, it seems to fix a lot of issues public mobile. Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue.

Tried the lost/stolen trick, didn't work.

I'm waiting on a response from the moderation team atm regarding why my minutes aren't being displayed properly.

I've gone through my history more than once now, including up to my last call today that got cut off.

@JulieG wrote:

Minutes have never showed up in my prepaid accounf, only in history, where I have to total them up. Only thing is money amounts.

I checked my husband account, who has many minutes available, and they also do not show up on the overview.

@JulieG  If that is the case then you need to contact the Public Mobile Moderator team and get that fixed. The minutes should always show up on the first page when you login into your selfserve account online.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

JulieG

Minutes have never showed up in my prepaid accounf, only in history, where I have to total them up. Only thing is money amounts.

I checked my husband account, who has many minutes available, and they also do not show up on the overview.

@geopublic wrote:

@JulieG  If your minutes do not show up in the selfserve landing page it means that you have used up all your minutes. Please note that the usage history is delayed so it's possible it's not listing all the minutes. Your choice is to purchase an add-on or consider changing your plan to something with more minutes. You can also renew your existing plan early but you can only do that via a moderator.

NancyJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@JulieG 

If you scroll down to Data & Add-On Usage, you should see colomized list of what you have used and what you have left remaining in your plan. 

@JulieG If your minutes are not showing on the main page of your account it's because you used them all. Minutes are counted starting from the second you hit talk, not when the call is connected, and even 1 second of a new minute counts as a whole minute, so the total minutes on your phone might not be accurate.

v2131111

@JulieG wrote:

To update this problem.

My minutes do not show up, I have to look at the history and manually total it up. I have a prepaid plan with autopay enabled, if that helps.

I totalled up 39 minutes, so I'm not over my plan for the month.

I have tried a 1 in front of number, same result.

All calls I'm trying to make are in same province, to another public mobile user.

I will try the lost/stolen trick soon and update.

If your Minutes are not showing up that means they have been used up. You can purchase a one time add on which stays on your account till used up of 200 minutes for $8 or 400 minutes for $15

Edit: FYI. Your 50 included Canada Wide are used when you make or receive calls and when you use your Public Mobile Phone to check your voicemail. So if you are manually calculating your Minutes remember to count incoming minutes and any minutes you used your Public Mobile Phone to check your voicemail 

@JulieG wrote:

To update this problem.

My minutes do not show up, I have to look at the history and manually total it up. I have a prepaid plan with autopay enabled, if that helps.

All calls I'm trying to make are in same province, to another public mobile user.

@JulieG  If your minutes do not show up in the selfserve landing page it means that you have used up all your minutes. Please note that the usage history is delayed so it's possible it's not listing all the minutes. Your choice is to purchase an add-on or consider changing your plan to something with more minutes. You can also renew your existing plan early but you can only do that via a moderator.

JulieG

To update this problem.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JulieG wrote:

"Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have an activated long distance add on.."

I have looked at my call usage and totalled it up to 39 minutes so far. My plan renews on the 31'st, it is the 29'th today.

Any ideas?

@JulieGIf you have minutes remaining on your plan sometimes that error occurs when you dial an incorrect number. Are you dialling from your contacts or the number directly? What happens when you dial *611?

@JulieG 

In your self service account, do you see the 50 minutes add on in your My data & Add-ons section on overview page.  If you don't see the remaining minutes in that section, you have used up your minutes for this 30 day cycle.  

JRSRfin

I second RobertQC's post - I noticed the first week after changing to PublicMobile that some incoming numbers showed as +(NPA) NXX-xxxx, while the next time they called it shows up normally as +1 (NPA) NXX-xxxx. Calling back the first one fails with the long distance error message, while the second works normally. Unfortunately this bug means that with some phones you may need to return calls from your contacts instead of the missed call or dialer screen.

v2131111

@JulieG wrote:

Any ideas?

Remember US numbers dialling pattern is the same as Canadian, so the reason could be you are calling a US number which is why your call is not going through.  Also remember Public Mobile 's billing is every 30 days. It is not' Monthly' so it's very possible that your 30 days of paid service has run out 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@JulieG 

Sorry you are having trouble. You might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. As long as you have minutes left (are not on a limited calling plan) your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@JulieG 

You can also give the lost/stolen trick a shot, it seems to fix a lot of issues public mobile. Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@JulieG 

Does your 50 minutes still show in self serve?

Does it show 39/50 or has it disappeared?

You may have also used up all your minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.