cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some people calling me getting a "this number is disconnected" message!

mark-callahan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently (3 days ago) ported my landline number to my cell phone. Yesterday I got a message saying everything was ported successfully but now some people calling me are getting a message that says "this number has been disconnected". The odd thing is that some calls come through with no problem and some get this message. I am totally frustrated with no support from public mobile and wondering if I should quickly switch providers to get more tech support. Just wondering how many calls I have missed!!?!

6 REPLIES 6

mark-callahan

The number people see is the ported number. I have submitted a ticket and am waiting for a reply as it does seem to be some kind of issue with PM for sure.

mark-callahan

I did try switching to 3G, and restarted my phone. But still having the same issue...

mark-callahan

I know 3 of the people calling me are also on public mobile but not sure about the 4th one. My husband, who is also on PM can get through no problem.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When YOU call somebody, what number they see? Your ported (former land line) or something else?

You can always get support here from agents.

To Contact CSA-agent there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

Agent’s response is usually between 15 and 120 minutes with a ticket. Private messaging might take longer.

Watch for envelope in top right corner of Community page. It will show Number of unread emails.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mark-callahan   it could be an issue with both Public Mobile or with the provider of those calling you

can you confirm for those calling you that failed, were they all from the same provider?    Try to gather this information as it is critical to determine if it is a PM issue or not.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mark-callahan 

Are you using 4G/LTE or 3G on your phone? 
Depending on the phone your have, there were issues with PM switching to LTE for some members.

Maybe go to settings and switch to 3G to see if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.