cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA Not Working

M3lmar0903
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported my number from Fido to Public Mobile 2 days ago. SMS 2 Factor Authentication from my banks/accounts stopped working (they send the authentication code but I have not received any). 

4 REPLIES 4

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes newly ported number needs some time to be 'discovered' by other providers.

I would give it a 5-10 business days before start to worry.

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@M3lmar0903 take a look at this thread.  This has been answered before.  You need to wait up to 7 days after porting.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Not-receiving-sms-confirmation-codes/m-p/...

M3lmar0903
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I have tried this and it didn't resolve my issue. I have confirmed that the 2FA messages are still going to my Fido SIM. It seems I haven't approved the porting of my number. I have initiated this process and will try again after. Will update the thread after the porting is complete. Thanks!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Try disabling extended messaging protocols from apps like iMessage, RCS, Signal, etc.

Use standard, plain, boring SMS text protocol.

The option is buried somewhere in the messaging app settings. You can turn it on again after all your 2FA verifications are done.

Your next best option might be to report (with your phone) to your bank and get them to sort it out before you leave.

Need Help? Let's chat.