cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many problems - can't access PM website, can't access account, can't send/receive calls

aylishf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For days I've been trying to get on the Public Mobile website and I get a 'this page isn't working' message. I can't access my account or the online support services. I live in a city (vs. rural) so I know my internet connection is reliable. My phone service has always been bad but is getting worse, I very rarely can send/receive calls. I got a text today saying my account is being renewed on July 24th and ensure that I have sufficient funds in my account. I have set up autopay and I'm sure my credit card has not expired, but I'd like to check my account to make sure nothing has happened to disrupt the autopay setting. I'm not sure how I managed to get on this Community page but it's the closest I seem to be able to get to PM. I've even tried to call Telus since they are the PM carrier but they can't offer any help or even an email/contact info to get in touch with PM. I get that PM is a low-cost option, but I would like to receive the services I'm paying for and for PM to be as reliable as I am with my monthly autopayments.  
Is anyone else having trouble like this? Any suggestions to fix are much appreciated. I don't want to lose service. Thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13

HI @Timbits_2020   for site issue, please try using another browser

or try using Private mode or Incognito mode

For actual help from PM support, you can simply message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Timbits_2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Simon is useless too. Fed up with 

Timbits_2020

If community reply they are selling other products nit related to public mobile products. 

Timbits_2020

How many times i tried to login. The sane issues. 

Timbits_2020

Always there is a issues of login. That's why i don't like it anymore. Thinking to change provider. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

feel for you - the same problems were experienced with my wife's and daughters phones --- instead of enduring these problems they just switched to Bell prepaid for the same monthly charges.  On the other hand my PM plans seems to work just fine.

@aylishf   For the text message you got, it is just a new message they send to everyone with upcoming renewal date.  Basically , it just want to ask people without Pre-authorized payment setup to make sure they will pay before the due date.  Since you have Autopay setup, you can ignore it

And if you have service at the moment, right?  you said the service is getting worse, are you experiencing more dropped calls  or people unable to reach you?  do you get better reception in another area ?  let PM know your locations where you have and they can confirm.  You can also try to change your Preferred network to 3G Only to see if it helps your voice calls

aylishf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions. I was able to get to the PM website by using a different browser and got to my account (settings unchanged, autopay in place). I think I was successful in submitting a ticket (still awaiting a reply) about my phone service. Fingers crossed. Thanks again for the help!

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@aylishf 

and if you need ASAP to make payment you can go to Shell Stations to purchase vouchers and add to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #,

Official list of retailers location sell vouchers:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@aylishf 

use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

Login Page

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and when you press the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 3 second automatically be login.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Heads up to pay for service is send to everybody. This is just a note to avoid service interruption.

If you cannot access your account, try different browser, incognito mode, clear cache.

This looks like common issue since site upgrade. Maybe they follow some 'Internet' standard not compatible with every single browser, particularly phone's browsers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aylishf

You cannot make and receive calls?? Does the phone Status showing it connected to the network or not?

If it is not, maybe autopay failed, 

Let's try to get you back to My Account first so you can see what is happening.  Try to use Incognito mode or another browser and see if it works 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@aylishf hi just to put your mind at ease that message was sent to eveyone just disregard it if you are on autopay, secondly a lot of people are having issues signing in since the upgrades earlier this week, if you use a different browser in ingognito mode you may have better luck, 3rd try manually setting your network to 3g mode if calling doesn't improve  

contact a cs agent so they can reset your email sign in and look into your reception issue  

1.  you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

Need Help? Let's chat.