cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow / No Data in USA

StevedeHaan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning.
I am traveling in the USA and suddenly yesterday and today I am experiencing slow or no data although i have 2-4 bars 5G showing on my phone.

What gives? I count on having some data available to me while I am traveling, not just phone and sms.

Steve deHaan

548-994-1949

6 REPLIES 6

StevedeHaan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So switching to LTE service seems to have solved the issue for me for now

36 MBpS Download and 6 MBpS Upload is fair enough

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@StevedeHaan   As has been already said, drop to 4G/LTE and try both T-Mobile and AT&T.   Verizon is supposed to work but seems to be hit and miss.  But what I wanted to add mainly is to tap the v in a circle at the top right of your post and remove your name and especially your phone number, this is a public web page that anyone on the internet can view.

HI @eddieO 

i tried all 3 networks, AT&T also has 5G too

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think AT&T is also not allowing us to join their 5G, all the more reason to keep your phone on 4G/LTE when in the U.S.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@StevedeHaan , network performance can vary from location to location.  Rest assured that none of the data slowness is controlled by Public Mobile.  It is an artifact of coverage and local network congestion with the roaming partners.  It might help to use 4G instead of 5G as AT&T does not play nice with 5G.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @StevedeHaan 

many said it is more stable to use only 4G, but I have success using 5G on T-Mobile without problem

what you can also try is to manually connect to T-Mobile , AT&T and Verizon, try each of them on 4G and 5G.  But I think Verizon does not have 5G roaming for us

Need Help? Let's chat.