cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Pro_Selfie Data won’t work. APN areas grey and no option to add.

Mandn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8 REPLIES 8

@Mandn 

Yes you were lucky to have the roam SIM card since they were a victim of the pandemic. They can occasionally be found for $0.25 on clearance worth the money to help others.

This also has to do with the version of OS either Android 8 or 9 (I can't remember which one) so if you can update the phone you have to the next OS up it will usually clear up the greyed out settings issue and allow you to edit your APN.

@softech wrote:

try the fix suggested by @Korth , he has the phone and he found the fix.

Solved: Re: Unable to configure APN settings? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

That was two years ago. I don't have that phone anymore, I don't remember much about it (except that it was frustrating cheap junk), I can't really say anything about it I didn't say before.

My solution should still work.

If it's the same phone, same hardware, same software.

But it might not work.

Because software keeps changing. And this particular type of consumer UI-lockout is not a bug, flaw, or oversight - it's very deliberate - the OEMs used to aggressively update things to "fix" (disable) any hacks and workarounds which allowed end-users to circumvent the lockouts.

Doesn't hurt to try.

Although I suspect, after not-too-long, the owner of this phone will choose to fix this problem by simply getting a better phone.

@Mandn   you are lucky that you have a Roam Sim around with you and can solve it fast

Enjoy your new phone. 

Mandn

Used Roam Mobility SIM card.   Worked!    Thank you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

try the fix suggested by @Korth , he has the phone and he found the fix.

Solved: Re: Unable to configure APN settings? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Mandn

Thank you.   Will try.

@Mandn 

Maybe try to reboot phone.  Network reset of phone.  

Some Android makers/phones - APN settings are unable to be changed. From previous experience with other uses, one trick is to find a Freedom mobile SIM card.  With Freedom mobile card inserted, able to adjust APN settings.  Save to phone and then re-insert your PM Sim card.  In the past, other customers have been able to contact Customer service agent (CSA) and they were able to send a file that would change APN settings.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mandn 

Are your other calling and texting service working?

NOTE:

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).
Need Help? Let's chat.