cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim vs eSim

Dyboypogi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently using physical Sim card (nano), can I switch to eSim using my existing account and same mobile number? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I personally wouldn't recommend it unless you have a specific reason such as trying to free up your physical sim slot for another line. I like the flexibility of being able to move my physical sim card between phones without having to pay additional fees or even for having to rely on my carrier. I also like to leave my esim slot free for travel esim's.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dyboypogi 

You can can switch to eSIM, by opening PM app, go to Account, purchase SIM Card, select eSIM, it will cost $5, before doing that , you need to make sure that your phone is eSIM compatible, once you active the eSIM, your regular SIM will be deactivated and no longer be used

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dyboypogi you can as long as your phone supports.  Download PM app and go to Account page, Buy sim card and choose eSIM. But you need to pay $5 for switching to esim.

For functionality, esim and physical sim are the same.  If you are not trying to free up the physical sim slot, I would hold on until you really need it. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dyboypogi 

you sure can..as long as your cellphone is esim compliant. Log in to the PM app to order one.

Need Help? Let's chat.