cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim or eSim?

Maxx2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transfered my number to Public Mobile yesterday from Sim to eSim. Does it any advantage or disadvantage in that action?

9 REPLIES 9

hi @will13am iSim is coming as well.. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

P-SIM all the way until the friction of using e-SIM goes down.  

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Disadvantage would be you can't just swap it into a new phone now without probably paying. An advantage would be if someone steals your phone they can't just take the sim card out and put it in their phone and try to reset all your bank logins and stuff.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Physical SIM you can transfer from any phone to any phone. Reliable and almost impossible to fail. Your phone dies, pull out SIM, get new phone, push SIM in and you are in business in no time.

eSIM once installed cannot be transferred to another phone. If your phone dies PM might give you eSIM replacement for free. Might... eSIM can fail as it is software thing... and software fails...

Personally, I would Always take physical SIM.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Maxx2000, one nice advantage to eSIM is for when traveling abroad and you want to get service in another country (outside of Canada and USA), you can have multiple eSIMs on your phone to switch between and you don't have to worry about physically taking them out to swap which also removes the risk of losing or damaging the physical SIM card that is not being used.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maxx2000 

I prefer SIM, way to swap, supported by all phones,  some customers have problem installing eSIM.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Maxx2000 

you have esim now ?...next time you need a new phone, you'll hafta get a new esim. Whereas with the hard sim, you coulda just removed from old phone and install in new phone.

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

esim Pro:  easy, free, and it is free to get replacement now

physical pro: easier to swap phone , especially for troubleshoot purpose

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A sim card make it easy to swap phone out but that about it

Need Help? Let's chat.