cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card suddenly quit working. Saying no sim card installed

barstr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim card stopped working. Removed reinstalled and get message no sim card installed. Diff provider card works fine.

6 REPLIES 6

OldMin

It started happening recently on my accounts too.

Here is what happened (my guess), with the introduction of these new features (5G, US-Canada plan, VOLTE, eSIM and etc...), the system might be a little messy. My guess is the eSIM thing, just my guess.

Anyways, here is how I fixed it. Get another phone with Public Mobile SIM card in it that's working. Swap the 2 cards, and restart both phones. Swap the 2 SIM cards back to the original phones (no matter if they have worked or not). And now both phones should work.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

SIM card are usually indestructible unless you physically brake or burn them.

Remove SIM, clean contacts on SIM and inside the phone port. Gently rub contacts with Q-tip dipped in alcohol. Try SIM in another phone (or two). If it is really dead, you would have to get new PM SIM and do SIM swap through My Account.

barstr

ACCOUNT is active. Tried Sim in different phone same message. Doent recognize the Sim card

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @barstr 

if another sim worked on your phone, then it is sim or account, submit a ticket with suport here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@barstr  Log into your account or dial 611 what’s  the recording . Is account active or on hold . Try rebooting phone or reset  network settings . But you can always submit ticket with support to investigate 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

if you actually need a new sim card you can swap it in your my accounts profile page like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1690389502167.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@barstr 

did you try your sim on another phone?

Try to Wipe the sim card before inserting it

Also, you checked My Account? can you login and it is showing active?

Need Help? Let's chat.