cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Locked

mamiesentoso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I just got my sim card activated today and when put my sim card in my Iphone 6s it does not work. I was previously with Fido, I spoke to them and they said that my phone is not locked to their carrier, so I don't know what the main issue is.

6 REPLIES 6

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mamiesentoso  you got from Fido? ignore what they said, demand them for an unlock code.  They have to give you and you can apply it and unlock it again.  sometimes, something can cause it locked again

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mamiesentoso   What happen if you just put another active SIM in this phone ? does it work?

If you have another phone, can you check by putting PM SIM into the other phone and see if it works?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mamiesentoso 

You can go to your Settings>General>About>Carrier Lock…it will say No SIM restrictions if the phone is unlock.

If it is locked, it will show the name of the carrier. You will need to contact that carrier to have it unlocked for free or you can go to a cell repair shop that offers unlocking service at a cost.

If the phone is reported lost or stolen then it is Blacklisted and it is little you can do if it is Blacklisted.

You will need the IMEI number by dialling *#06# on your phone. 

Here check if your phone is Blacklisted at:

https://www.imei.info/ 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Could you try any other non Fido/Rogers SIM in your phone? What 'they' say does not have to be true as your phone is not that new and it Could be locked.

What message do you get with PM SIM?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mamiesentoso 

Call fido back and ask them to contact Apple with your IMEI# so that they will unlock it for you. Fido customer service agents can be idiots and will often tell you your phone is unlocked when it isn't.  If they give you a hassle tell them as soon as you get off the phone you are contacting the CCTS and filing a complaint for them not complying with WCC legislation to unlock your phone upon request without delay or fee. 

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What is the message you get when you put sim in iphone. I think the phone is locked to a previous network, I'm afeared.

Need Help? Let's chat.