cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card problem

JohnA_ont31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot receive calls, all calls go directly to my voicemail.  I have tried every thing already recommended to me and I think my sim card might be damaged.  Is there any other way, other than visual, to test the sim card?

10 REPLIES 10

HI@JohnA_ont31   

did you buy US roaming?  you need US roaming and connected to T-Mobile , using its 2G network , to have the calls to ring on your phone

When will VoLTE comes?  Supposed to be last year, but it got delayed.  Look like it will come this year.  Of course, no one knows for sure, but very likely

JohnA_ont31

2G will not work in the US, maybe for 911 but I don't want to test that.  3G barely works and is very inconsistent.  You have to use LTE (T-mobile) but even it has problems.  Voice over or Volte is apparently the answer.  The question remains.  When will pm launch Volte??.

Oh, you’re in the US.

Try connecting to the T-mobile network under your devices Network connections

For calls, try selecting 2G as calls need that selected on a device basis to work well with the US calling add on.

JohnA_ont31

I switched the sim card to another device and the same problem persists, I have concluded it is not the sim card, it is not the phone, it is the system.  I am vacationing in the US and the US has shut down the 3G network.  Apparently I need the Volte and pm does not have that.  They sold me a US roaming feature but new well that the plan would not allow incoming calls without the Volte.  I will reconsider renewing my plan with pm in the future.

@JohnA_ont31 how long your joined PM? were incoming calls working before on the PM sim??

JohnA_ont31

I have tried all those fixes but none of them work.  Is it possible that pm is blocking my incoming calls.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JohnA_ont31 

Try these fixes:

1. ensure airplane mode is not enabled

2. ensure do not disturb is not enabled

3. ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list

4. disable any call-forwarding features/settings

5. turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers

6. remove and reinsert your SIM card

7. reset network connections

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnA_ont31 , the SIM card is only used to facilitate connection to the mobile network.  It's like a key that's used to unlock a door.  It's very difficult for a key to go bad.  The fact that your phone is able to connect means there's nothing wrong with the SIM card.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnA_ont31   did you just join PM with number porting?

if you are new to PM and requested porting, did you reply YES to your old provider?  it could be a stuck port. I can message you a number to call and work if live support, but that only work if you requested PORTING.  Check your community inbox

if you are existing customer and incoming worked before, try reseat your sim card, try changing your phone's preferred network to 3G Only 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnA_ont31  Did you just port you number over to PM and miss the text to confirm port ? And do you still have old carriers SIM card ?

edit do you have another phone to try SIM card in and see if services works 

Need Help? Let's chat.