cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing up a family member for Public Mobile

helpmeplsrtfn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was wondering what steps they would need to take. My family member is switching from a different provider and would like to keep their phone number as they switch, which I know I was able to do when I joined public.

Has customer service gotten worse? I distinctly remember being able to chat with real human beings and trouble shooting in the live chat when I joined. This ticket system is really trash.

But anyway, I was just wondering all the steps to take to get them signed up. I've been with Public for years now, so I'm a little rusty on what the necessary steps were in this regard.

2 REPLIES 2

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@helpmeplsrtfn the customer service is all online based, no live voices to speak to but the community forum is very responsive, you should be able to hear back from someone here in no time, definitely faster than submitting a ticket but the community can't solve all the issues especially when they require changes to account settings etc.

Setting up a new account is quite easy. Start the process by creating an account on the website and near the end they will need to install the Public Mobile app on their phone to complete the activation. They'll also have the option to have a new number or to transfer a number in. Don't forget to have them use your referral code so that they get a $10 credit one time and you will get 1 point for each month that they are a customer.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@helpmeplsrtfn  if the system was trash, why would you want to bring a family member to it?

Anyway, most numbers can be ported.

Anyway check below.

Same online ticketing and messaging system. 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Don't forget to give them your friend code for $10 off their next bill. 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/nt/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

Need Help? Let's chat.