cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service transfer

AkifYesil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

Can I transfer my public mobile phone number to an other company like under Rogers? But with the same phone number I currently have with public mobile, is that available?

4 REPLIES 4

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sure you can - and you can actually get a live Rogers agent to do this for you. Good luck.

lawmalibiran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes. Just make sure your PM account is still active during the process or you might lose your number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AkifYesil generally speaking,  YES .  But it is best to check with your new provider as while most nimbers can be ported, but not all.

To port out, you start the process from your new provider

But first, make sure your PM account is currently active and you can receive text without problem.  Login to My Account and get the account number from Profile page

While you are at My account, you might want to also disable Pre-Authorized payment just in case.  

Then activate your new line with your new provider and request to port a number. Provide them PM's account number as the porting information

this is critical:  Then still have your PM sim card in the phone, wait for PM to send you a text to confirm your porting request.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins

After you replied yes, you can put your new sim card in the phone and wait until you get incoming calls.  Once you are getting incoming calls, porting is completed.  Your PM account will also be closed at this stage (you will no longer be able to login to PM My Account after)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@AkifYesil Yes, you can definitely transfer or port out your current number to any provider. Please know that your PM account must be active and any remaining service will be forfeited if you port out your number. All you need to do is provide your PM number to Rogers for example to initiate the number transfer request. 

Is there a reason you're looking to move your number to another provider? 

Need Help? Let's chat.