cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service network constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

lukemonaghan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I woke up to my service completely playing up. I would try to use my data, after 10 seconds my network service will go one bar then to no service. If I wait a few seconds it comes back or stays on no service for a while, when it comes back I try to use data again and after a few seconds it will do the same thing. My plan is paid for the month, I've restarted my phone (iphone 6), removed the sim and put it back in and I've reset the phones network settings. None of these have worked as its still constantly connecting and disconnecting when it try to use data. How do I stop this disconnecting?

6 REPLIES 6

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It looks like phone is loosing contact with SIM. Simplest attempt to remedy this situation is to try to clean SIM contacts in your phone. Blowing dry air (from a can) might help.

lukemonaghan

Ok, thanks for your help.

@lukemonaghan   thanks for the update.  

you can try to do a Factory reset (make sure you backup everything first) and then update your iPhone OS to the latest one and see if it resolves the issue.  If it is just software problem, it could. 

But of course, if it is hardware issue, you will need to take it to a mobile shop 

lukemonaghan

I just tried a different sim in my phone and it was doing the same thing. I believe my phone is the problem then.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lukemonaghan   It could be the SIM or the device.  

Try reseat the SIM and see how it goes.  

If you have 2nd phone, you can try to put the SIM into the 2nd phone and see if you experience the same

or if you have another active SIM, any provider will do, you can put the other SIM into your phone and see 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lukemonaghan 

Are you able to put your SIM in another phone temporarily to see if that fixes that problem? The problem is most likely to be phone-related, but may also be caused by some temporary network problems in your area.

Need Help? Let's chat.