cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connection in USA drops every 2-5 seconds Constantly. Works fine in Canada

NandanFozdar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks. 

I have a USA/Canada plan and everytime I visit the US, the network connection keeps dropping and reconnecting every 2-5 seconds. Happens constantly for days which makes the phone pretty useless. Will get the occasional text message but no data or voice.

Tried the same SIM in my wife's phone and a spare phone and the same thing happens. My wife's phone has the same PM plan and her PM SIM on her Phone works fine. 

Is this is SIM issue? I travel to US often and not having a working phone is very stressful! Any solutions please?

5 REPLIES 5

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

AT&T 5G has been problematic in past. If this continues, try forcing the phone to 4G. Or if that doesn't work, change it from Automatic and manually try T-Mobile, AT&T, then Verizon until you get a solid connection.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NandanFozdar 

It sounds like it could be related to the AT&T or T-Mobile network.

Did you try manually switch to the other network (AT&T to T-Mobile or T-Mobile to AT&at) and see if it is still an issue?

@NandanFozdar wrote:

@Handy Thanks for the help. Her SIM worked fine in my phone which got us through the trip but stressful not having access to my own phone number. How do I ask support to refresh my account/SIM? And how do I get them to send me a new SIM with the same phone number? Any way to find out if things will work before making another trip? 🙂

Click the orange ball on bottom right sid eof page to start process of Customer Support. Give them a brief description of your experience. Give them your account number, cell number, PM pin number, name on acct..etc.

Could be they just need to reprovision your acct.

NandanFozdar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Handy Thanks for the help. Her SIM worked fine in my phone which got us through the trip but stressful not having access to my own phone number. How do I ask support to refresh my account/SIM? And how do I get them to send me a new SIM with the same phone number? Any way to find out if things will work before making another trip? 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NandanFozdar  That’s strange , can you test her sim in your phone ? If it does t work it might be your phone and oddly the spare one too . But if it works then yes I’d say it’s sim/ account issue in that case maybe try resetting your network settings or ask support to re fresh your account from their end . If still same maybe get new SIM card and cross your fingers 

Need Help? Let's chat.