cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service from Cuba?

Sam2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! 

• Does anyone know if my phone will work in Cuba to call or text or even my data to Canada?
  • Thanks 
7 REPLIES 7

claro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cuba has very limited free WiFi. VOIP has historically not worked in Cuba (blocked), however I was able to GS Wave (VOIP) to work for me there in 2022.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No, PM does not provide services from Cuba. Only USA has roaming packages.

Your best option would be to find free WiFi and use VOIP app for SMS/calls/Internet.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sam2019 

Sorry, unfortunately PM does not offer roaming in Cuba. If you can get free wifi in Cuba, use WhatsApp for end to end encryption and will use your current PM number.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Sam2019 

PM not offer service in Cuba, but you use that app Talkatone, Free canadian number,

Talkatone: Texting & Calling – Apps on Google Play 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sam2019   Last time i was in cuba foreigners could buy sim cards but it was quite expensive and the lines were longish,  if you have a cuban friend however they could probably help you out or if you are staying at an  bed and breakfast ask the owner they might have some ideas/options for you.

@Sam2019 wrote:

Hi! 

• Does anyone know if my phone will work in Cuba to call or text or even my data to Canada?
  • Thanks 

Nothing will work while you're in Cuba as Public Mobile only offers roaming in the United States.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sam2019   your phone service will NOT work in Cuba.  PM does not provide roaming service there (PM only has roaming in USA)

if you need data service, get local data prepaid service .  Also signup a  VoIP app like TextNow.  TextNow will assign you another number so you can make free calls and text back to Canada, .  With the app, you can also receive calls and text.  TextNow will work as long as you have Wifi or Mobile Data anywhere in the world

Need Help? Let's chat.