cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Problems?

Advantage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is anyone else having problems with their phone service, and how do you report it when you do?

For the last 2 days, everyone calling me goes straight to Voice Mail.  Also outgoing calls that I am making are either failing or taking a much longer time to go through.  

This is very frustrating!

11 REPLIES 11

@Advantage wrote:

3G is not an option, but we tried changing it from auto connect.  Did not resolve.  😞

HI @Advantage 

3G is an option, it is called WCDMA  or HSPA only on Samsung.

You should have such option there.  Try it 

And is your reception better if you move a lot further away from your current location?

Advantage

Still having concerns.  Had 2 calls that I got through on Fail in the middle of leaving a message.  Very frustrated.

Advantage

Supposedly we have strong signals in our area and are overlapped by 2 Telus towers.  I have changed Voice and Data from LTE to 3G.  My first call to our landline when through with a slight delay.  My second call, to my wife's Public Mobile number, Failed.  My third call, to her cell phone, went straight to Voice Mail.  She has a Samsung Galaxy S10e.  3G is not an option, but we tried changing it from auto connect.  Did not resolve.  😞

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Advantage 

Looks like you will have go wait it out. Perhaps you should choose @BKNS27 's post as the solution since they suggested checking for an outage in your area. Normally you don't choose your own post as the solution unless you figured out the problem all on your own.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Same here last month.

Advantage

There appears to be an outage in Victoria, but the map shows it as right downtown.  I am in Saanich, a 10 to 15 minute drive from there.

Is there anyone to report this kind of thing to?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Advantage 

Change you network setting to 3G and check your signal strength by going to Settings>>About phone >>SIM Card Status>>-60dBm to -95dBm is normal but -96dBm and lower is where you will start to have issues. You could be having equipment upgrades affecting signal or recent construction impeding your signal....your location will allow us to check the cell tower map.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you have weak signal incoming call will 'think' you are off line and will go to vmail. Try switching to 3G only.

The reason to change to 3G (aka WCDMA, UMTS, or HSPA) only is that voice calls are running on 3G, not LTE. By changing to 3G only, the phone does not have to flip the network from LTE to 3G when a call comes, which sometimes delayed the process and missed the call, hence the call went to voice mail.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My wife had this issue with her new iphone.  We did a reset and there were no more problems.  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Advantage 

Can you try resetting your network settings, reinstalling your SIM card. You might also want to try setting your preferred network to 3G. Have you tried your SIM card in another unlocked phone?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Advantage 

You may want to check to see if there are any Telus outages in your area.

This could be the problem.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Need Help? Let's chat.