cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Horrible

Person_unhappy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently I’ve noticed that the service is horrible where I will be out and can’t text, google, book an Uber, etc. Will the bad service change anytime soon? If not, does anyone know what other companies use the same poles/lines so I don’t switch to them? Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

Highly doubtful. From what I can tell it's been in the same spot since early models. Go into settings and you should see your AppleID then airplane mode, then wifi, then bluetooth - then mobile data.

@Person_unhappy 

for iPhone , please check

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

or

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Person_unhappy

Thanks for the quick response. I don’t see a ‘Mobile Data’ option under Settings. Perhaps iPhone removed the option to change networks. 

@Person_unhappy 

No, there is an actual "Reset all networks" choice on your Connection screen.  Click that

But please note that after "Reset all networks", you will also have to manually setup the wifi and bt connections again as they will be deleted after the reset

Go to settings, mobile data, mobile data options, voice & data - see the different options.

Then go to settings, mobile data, mobile data network - scroll down to reset settings.

I don't have an iphone so hopefully the second line is right.

Adding - maybe it's settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Person_unhappy

Thanks for your input! To confirm, to reset network connections, do I just toggle on and off Cellular Data?

Person_unhappy

Thanks for your help. Would you mind showing how to change cellular networks on an iPhone? I tried googling it and couldn’t find a result. Thanks again!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Person_unhappy  Try changing your network around in different areas from 3G 4G/LTE 5G see if one works best in certain areas you finding the service is poor to see if that helps 

Person_unhappy

To add, I live in Vancouver and it will show full bars but with no service. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well, @Person_unhappy , Public Mobile uses TELUS towers and Bell.

So your issues are less related to overall coverage and likely more due to environmental/location or device-related issues.

Try rebooting device and resetting network connections.   Also, if you can, try the PM SIM card in another device to see if the same problems exist.   This will help exclude device issue...

Need Help? Let's chat.