cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending and receiving calls in the USA

Sparkles51
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased 15 days of mobile service with Public Mobile for the USA on September 8th. I entered the USA on September 9th but cannot use my phone while here. It has worked for me before. I need to be able to use my phone while here. Help!

4 REPLIES 4

Hopeful-hope
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same issue a few weeks back. I did all the self troubleshooting, I was connected to T mobile, Roaming on etc. 
I wasn't able to contact the help desk on my trip as my data wasn't working! I survived the trip without my phone and the help desk was able to reimburse me afterwards. 

Hopefully it works on my next trip, or at least Im staying somewhere with wifi to troubleshoot with the helpdesk!

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sparkles51 Roaming must be toggled on if you haven’t done so yet.

@Sparkles51 

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T/Verizon coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

With your voice issue , make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sparkles51 

your plan has data and data works?

what phone do you have? try connect to T-Mobile and test

Need Help? Let's chat.