cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self serve account not activated

Kmiko1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my SIM card before i set up my self serve account . Now I am trying to activate a new SIM card under my old number .

8 REPLIES 8

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kmiko1989 wrote:

No I never confirmed my email. I never thought that it was it needed to be done right away.

Hi @Kmiko1989, you can contact the mods by sending them a private message using this link.  Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do here - we're customers like you.  Response time is between several hours up to 48 hrs.

Kmiko1989

My phone number was activated in the store and when I was done there I never activated my self serve account 

Kmiko1989

No I never confirmed my email. I never thought that it was it needed to be done right away.

Pizzaeh

@Kmiko1989 wrote:

No I lost my SIM card. The number was activated but now I bought a new SIM card and I can’t activate the new card.

Something doesn't make sense.  If the first Public Mobile SIM card was activated (ie. a number was activated with Public Mobile), there should be a self-serve account attached to it.  Since, as part of the activation process a self-serve profile for your self-serve account is created.  You should be able to use that email and pw to access the self-serve account, unless I'm completely missing something.

That self-serve account needs to be accessed to be able to change to the new SIM card.  You could contact the mods, by sending them a prviate message using this link and explaining what happened and what you would like to do.  Reponse time is between a few hours up to 48 hrs.

Sekiro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Kmiko1989  What I'm understanding here is, you have confirmed your email address for your self serve account AND activated your number. Now you lost your sim card and you want to change sim card serial number but the system wouldn't let you?

Screenshot_14.png

But then your subject is entitled "Self server account not activated", so my question is did you confirm your email when you created the account in the first place?

Kmiko1989

No I lost my SIM card. The number was activated but now I bought a new SIM card and I can’t activate the new card.

Pizzaeh

@Kmiko1989 wrote:

I lost my SIM card before i set up my self serve account . Now I am trying to activate a new SIM card under my old number .

I think what you're saying is the SIM card was lost before a Public Mobile line was activated, right?

If that's the case, you can start from the beginning and activate the new Public Mobile SIM card and port in the number from the other carrier.  

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you successfully went through the steps of activating your new SIM, it may just take a day or two before your number is transfered over.

Was your old SIM through Public Mobile, or a different carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.