cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems like I got upgraded to 4G speed on 3G plan?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I was bored so I did some Speedtests, and to my surprise, I clocked over 50-70 Mbps download and 20-35 Mbps upload. I have included some screenshots.

My current plan is the $35 3 GB + 2 GB permanent bonus data.

Screenshot_20220728-112506_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-112311_fast.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

@Afshan123 wrote:

Screenshot_20220728-214933.png

Speed testing is fun, until all your data is gone. Be careful everyone as this app can used large amounts of data within seconds.

Afshan123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Screenshot_20220728-214933.png

LeePublic

@computergeek541 Thanks for letting me know, I'm not expecting it to last anyway because my plan explicitly said 3G speeds..... It was nice to experience it as I had an smooth video call. 

@LeePublic wrote:

I was bored so I did some Speedtests, and to my surprise, I clocked over 50-70 Mbps download and 20-35 Mbps upload. I have included some screenshots.

My current plan is the $35 3 GB + 2 GB permanent bonus data.

This is something that has happened in the past.  This isn't the way it's suppsoed to be.  I would suggest to enjoy it while it lasts as there's no way of knowing how long you will get this free updgrade.  It could be a few days or it could be a few months, but eventually the LTE speed will get reset back to 3Mbps.  

LeePublic

I'd better not do too many speed tests otherwise I'll burn through my entire data! 😄

LeePublic

@ShawnC13 what's interesting is when I did it on my mom's iPhone 7, it was throttles to 3G speeds. Up to 3 Mbps.

Oh so you switched back to LTE and are now getting those speeds?

Here are my results from a couple of days ago

Screenshot_20220726-062225.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LeePublic

That's what I did yesterday and it seems like I probably won't have to do that anymore.

@LeePublic wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Idk, it seems like I got upgraded overnight as I was having trouble livestreaming on LTE a few days ago so I switched to the 3G network for a more stable connection.

@LeePublic, if you have switched to the 3G network you will get faster speeds than on the throttled LTE plans.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LeePublic

It was interesting to see.

LeePublic

@hTideGnow 

Idk, it seems like I got upgraded overnight as I was having trouble livestreaming on LTE a few days ago so I switched to the 3G network for a more stable connection.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LeePublic   look like it is the new "3.25 G" plan  LoL

Any trick how you got into that?

Need Help? Let's chat.