cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by Telus door-to-door rep. I want to come back to Public Mobile.

mayooringo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. 

I don’t know where to submit this, but a few days ago, a Telus door-to-door sales rep came by my door and offered me a good Telus mobility deal if I swapped over. I did so, porting my number over and cancelling my Public Mobile account in the process. 

It turns out I was scammed by that Telus rep. I want to come back to Public Mobile now with the exact same plan. It was $28 a month with unlimited talk, text and 1 GB of data. Is this possible? 

I will provide appropriate information if needed. 

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mayooringo 

That reminds me of the gas resellers that came door to door years ago. I'm f you ported out your account is automatically closed. You can port back in but if you had a rewards account you have lost that and are stuck with points now. If you feel you were scammed you can contact Telus and ask for a refund or file a CCTS complaint. I wouldn't trust door to door salesmen?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@mayooringo wrote:

Hi. 

I don’t know where to submit this, but a few days ago, a Telus door-to-door sales rep came by my door and offered me a good Telus mobility deal if I swapped over.

Door to door sales usually have a cooling of period as set by your province. So get that rolling if is in your province. 

I did so, porting my number over and cancelling my Public Mobile account in the process. 

Where did this process occur....at your residence? Not always is the old account cancelled. I ported out from Telus to PM and Telus kept my account open for 3 months. 

It turns out I was scammed by that Telus rep.

Call it what you want. I would not say you were scammed. It’s time for you to simply say NO to ANY door to door sale unless it’s cookies from the Brownies.  And NO as well on the telephone. When you WANT something....then YOU shop for it and negotiate if you can. From what I understand if you did want to go to Telus, the negotiation would take place on the phone with Telus and not at a Telus store location. If some one says you are rude or belittles you.....it’s just a tactic and you can respond accordingly. I usually never answer the door unless we know who it is or we are expecting some one. Take this as a lesson.  

I want to come back to Public Mobile now with the exact same plan. It was $28 a month with unlimited talk, text and 1 GB of data. Is this possible? 

Get onto Telus and find out. I mean Telus....not the door knockers boss, who is a Telus contractor. 

Thanks.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

If they told you something that wasn’t true then you were scammed. But if you didn’t get all details before switching it could be your fault. Haven’t I heard that PM CAN reactivate a sim and account if they want to? I would try contacting a moderator and give your story to them.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mayooringo wrote:

Hi. 

I don’t know where to submit this, but a few days ago, a Telus door-to-door sales rep came by my door and offered me a good Telus mobility deal if I swapped over. I did so, porting my number over and cancelling my Public Mobile account in the process. 

It turns out I was scammed by that Telus rep. I want to come back to Public Mobile now with the exact same plan. It was $28 a month with unlimited talk, text and 1 GB of data. Is this possible? 

Thanks.

What was the scam?  Was the plan not as good as what they originally offered?

Anyways you will need a new sim, setup a new account probably with a different email (unless they have that sorted out) plus you will be on the new rewards system and will have lost any of your loyalty rewards that you had built up.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mayooringo when you reactivate, get a friend referral code and use it for activation to save $10, that will cover the sim card cost 🙂

@mayooringo No, you cannot.  Once the number is ported out, account is closed, you will need a new sim card for the new account 

@mayooringo  No you will need a new SIM card 

adding and no activation fee , just price of plan you choose plus tax 

mayooringo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you think it is possible to reactivate it on the same SIM card or should I get a new one? And is there an activation fee again? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mayooringo you can certainly come back to PM and get the $25 + tax plan

you will need to buy a new PM sim card from local Telus or Koodo store.  Then activate a new account and re urdt porting back your number from Telus ( your Telus account must be active for the porting to go through)

Please note when you come back, you will be on the new Public Points rewards system, you can't go back to the old rewards system even you were on that before you moved to Telus 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mayooringo  Yes it’s possible the $25 plan unlimited yak and text 1 GB data still available ,, you just need to port back over if possible depending on this scam you endured , otherwise activate a new SIM card with that same plan again 

Need Help? Let's chat.