cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls - please help me block them

warrenz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

I'm getting 10+ scam calls per day over the last 4 days. Can you help stop them at your system level?

Can someone call me?

4 REPLIES 4

Terryscell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The previous posts say it all. If you don't encourage these calls by answering them, they will reduce in frequency. but we all get them, and they will never disappear.

There is a tone which you could record at the beginning of your voicemail message. It tells a computer calling you that the line is disconnected. It will reduce a few of these calls, especially the one on "predictive dialling", where a computer calls you, and passes you to a human when you answer. (The kind where there's a long pause before someone answers when you say hello.)

Google "Line disconnected tone", or use this from Wikipedia:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_information_tone

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@warrenz 

Not much you can do as most of the spam numbers are spoofed and it is not their real number.

We all get them. The only option is to block the number if it is not on your contact list or ignore the call.

Only drawback if the call is from a doctor’s office using a different number. It will be blocked to and will go to voicemail…it happened to me recently.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@warrenz  Not much you can do , even if you change your number it’s just matter time before you get more scam calls we all do just best to ignore unknown callers 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@warrenz PM cannot filter out calls on their end but have you checked on your phone's settings to see if you can block them there? There are apps like Hiya, RoboKiller, Truecaller, and Call Control that are supposed to help

Need Help? Let's chat.