cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating New Number/Transferring a Koodo Number

boogeyman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm trying to move a friend's Koodo number over to a Public Mobile SIM, but it just spins forever.

I decided to just create a new number instead. It is currently spinning also. I'm not sure how long it will take.

For some reason, when I try to verify his new account, I never receive the verification email from Publicmobile.

I can send emails to him from my email, but after multiple tries, I don't receive the code sent to the same email address from PM.

I am not able to receive phone calls/texts to the old number. It seems to be deactivated for some reason.

Will this cause a problem?

Does anyone know of an issue with security codes not sending?

I'm in a private window btw.

5 REPLIES 5

boogeyman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi and thanks for your response.. I tried to port it for hours but no go.. just spinning around and around so I just cancelled it today.. Set up a new number instead. I'd like to move his old number over but the old number is not active so I can't receive texts or calls...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@boogeyman - was the koodo account still acive?

Was this a prepaid or postpaid account, regardless of this, you said you created a new number instead. So in that case customer support can help with porting.

You may also submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@boogeyman 

I will send you a phone number you can call for porting assistance.

In order to get that number, check your private message mailbox by tapping the envelope icon upper right.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@boogeyman 

Good thing your friend had a Koodo account. It would can be fixed by a CS_Agent.

Your friend will need contact them in the morning since agents are available from 6:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Best to have their Koodo account number handy with in contact with an agent.

@boogeyman wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to move a friend's Koodo number over to a Public Mobile SIM, but it just spins forever.

I decided to just create a new number instead. It is currently spinning also. I'm not sure how long it will take.

For some reason, when I try to verify his new account, I never receive the verification email from Publicmobile.

I can send emails to him from my email, but after multiple tries, I don't receive the code sent to the same email address from PM.

I am not able to receive phone calls/texts to the old number. It seems to be deactivated for some reason.

Will this cause a problem?

Does anyone know of an issue with security codes not sending?

I'm in a private window btw.

Does anything still work on the Koodo service?  Also, was the porting request to Koodo ever submitted?   Although porting out from Koodo should have required your friend to reply to a text message from Koodo to approve the transfer, I'm wondering if the nubmer porting may have arleady been completed. 
Need Help? Let's chat.