cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A22 5G

DangAnders
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, will the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G phone work on the 5G network? It appears from other posts it works OK on the 3G and 4G networks but no mention of 5G. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

DanWG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had the phone for several months now. The 3G and 4G work OK but still no 5G connectivity. I moved up to a plan that has 5G availability but no change. However my phone was provisioned for VoLTE via a Samsung update about a month after PM made it available to us, so I'm hoping the same thing will happen with the 5G plan to provision the 5G availability. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you already have the device? It will work on 3g and 4g for sure but 5g is hit and miss with Samsung in my recent experience. Mines even a flagship s20 5g. Mine is still "nr5g pruned" as far as I understand, and I've not yet found a solution to actually enable said 5g bands. Might make a difference if you're paying for 5g plan though, not willing to try that myself

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @DangAnders 

I would avoid it.

without 3G and 4g, you have no fall back in case there is no 5G 

And you need 3G for voice, A22 is not VoLTE compatible with PM 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DangAnders 

It should work, just go to Connections>Network mode>enable auto connect or 5G. Note that 5G will work only when the 5G signal is strong…outside.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@DangAnders 

The 5G version is better with additional 5G bands, PLUS it’s backward compatible with 4G and 3G.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DangAnders  YES

Need Help? Let's chat.