cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive activation text

tcardinalsirois
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I’m trying to transfer my Fizz phone number to PM, but I never received the text from Fizz. However, everything seems to be working fine with PM. What should I do? Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

@JRod wrote:

@computergeek541 @dust2dust 

Was just reading up on this link: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

While your transfer is in progress you may experience service issues. You will be able to make outgoing calls and messages with your temporary Public Mobile number, but you may not receive calls or messages sent to the number you are transferring in. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message from Public Mobile.”  

So this quote is directly from PM from their troubleshooting page. I recall this language also used when I ported my number over which was why I had this idea. Am I misunderstanding something or is this info from PM incorrect? 

Yes, it's incorrect.  Any temporary nubmer is gone once porting has been requested.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 @dust2dust 

Was just reading up on this link: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

While your transfer is in progress you may experience service issues. You will be able to make outgoing calls and messages with your temporary Public Mobile number, but you may not receive calls or messages sent to the number you are transferring in. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message from Public Mobile.”  

So this quote is directly from PM from their troubleshooting page. I recall this language also used when I ported my number over which was why I had this idea. Am I misunderstanding something or is this info from PM incorrect? 

@dust2dust wrote:

@JRod wrote:

I know during the porting process PM will set you up with a temp number so you can use your device.

@JRod- I understand this to be incorrect. Public will use the attempted transferred number for outgoing calls. The incoming is what has to wait for the transfer to complete.

@JRod 

The idea of the temporary numeber at Public Mobile isn't so that the customer can use that phone number.  As dust2dust has correctly mentioend, that number ceases to be in use as soon as a port in request has been submitted.  For a new customer, taking a temporary number only has to do with making the sure that the Public mobile account is first properly working before attemping to to port a number in.

611 won't do anything for the porting problem.

tcardinalsirois

Called 611 and was offered different options, but never told about activation.

cc @CS_Agent 

JRod

No I ported over but Bell. But it’s very possible I just misunderstood. Still learning lots helping where I can 🙂 

@JRod- Did you port from Koodo prepaid? If so then yes in that case you would select whatever number first and then ask support to transfer your number.
Adding - or of course optionally set up the account with whatever number and then port from wherever after that.

@tcardinalsirois- Call the number provided and leave that sim in.

tcardinalsirois

My Fizz SIM is still in my phone. I’m able to call with Fizz, but not use the data.

JRod

Sorry that was just the impression I got when I ported my number when I joined. Happy to learn and edit my response if this was inaccurate. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tcardinalsirois 

You will get the text from Fizz with the Fizz SIM in your phone to confirm with YES to port over to PM.

If you Fizz SIM still works then porting was not completed ported over and you may run into issues later.

Also try dial 611 with the PM SIM in the phone to check on the status of your account. If it states that you are subscribed/active then you are OK but I am surprised that it would port over successfully.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @tcardinalsirois 

First you should check this link to see if the Fizz number is portable. https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

If it is, then you need to keep your Fizz SIM card in your phone till you get a text from them requesting permission to port. You need to reply YES. If you don't get that text from Fizz, I can send you a number to the port assisting folks.  Please let me know if you'll require it.

@JRod wrote:

I know during the porting process PM will set you up with a temp number so you can use your device.

@JRod- I understand this to be incorrect. Public will use the attempted transferred number for outgoing calls. The incoming is what has to wait for the transfer to complete.

JRod

@tcardinalsirois 

If you put in your SIM from Fizz does it still have service? That will be a good sign. You need your Fizz sim in your phone to respond to the text.

Need Help? Let's chat.