cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A-series Phones

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Noticed this week that the Samsung A20, A30, A50 and A70 are available at various local retailers such as Walmart, Staples and, obviously, the Samsung stores as well as online.  These are much more affordable while being almost as good as the flagship S-series.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimbobs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dailaans wrote:

I bought the A20 with the intention to activate it on my existing account. But A20 is not in the list of compatible phones. Does this mean I need to find another carrier?

@Alan_K 

This is another question that comes up often. People getting phones that don't show up on the compatibility list from willmyphonework on the Get Started page. The question they ask is if their phone is compatible due to it not showing up.

After getting a result from a found phone, there's a little blue down arrow to open a Disclaimer. It might be better to have that Disclaimer button available before looking for a phone.

And then in that Disclaimer explain that if your phone is not found that to compare its specifications with the provided frequencies.

Just a suggestion.

It's also important to note that willmyphonework.net is a third party website rather than PM (or Telus, PM's network provider).

Right. That's why I used the word "from". My guess is that PM licenses a snapshot of the database. Not live access to it. But I have no certainty of that.

jimbobs

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dailaans wrote:

I bought the A20 with the intention to activate it on my existing account. But A20 is not in the list of compatible phones. Does this mean I need to find another carrier?

@Alan_K 

This is another question that comes up often. People getting phones that don't show up on the compatibility list from willmyphonework on the Get Started page. The question they ask is if their phone is compatible due to it not showing up.

After getting a result from a found phone, there's a little blue down arrow to open a Disclaimer. It might be better to have that Disclaimer button available before looking for a phone.

And then in that Disclaimer explain that if your phone is not found that to compare its specifications with the provided frequencies.

Just a suggestion.

It's also important to note that willmyphonework.net is a third party website rather than PM (or Telus, PM's network provider).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dailaans wrote:

@Alan_K 

Just a suggestion.

@Dailaans wrote:

@Dailaans That phone works with Public Mobile go ahead and activate it.

Edit: Since you have an activated account just insert your PM sim card in the phone and you should be good to go.

Dailaans
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

jimbobs

@bridonca wrote:

Huawei ate Samsung for lunch last year, especially on the mid and low range.  Samsung did not do as well churning out landfill Android phones like the A5.

My intention was not to compare the A-series with other manufacturers' offerings but simply to let interested people know that the latest A-series phones are now available in bricks and mortar stores.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Samsung is trying to compete for the mid-range market with Pixel 3A and other lower cost Chinese cell phone makers.

bridonca

Huawei ate Samsung for lunch last year, especially on the mid and low range.  Samsung did not do as well churning out landfill Android phones like the A5.

Need Help? Let's chat.