cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS

Gemmaeileen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 🙂

I switched over to Public Mobile from Roger's last week and everything went fine beside one issue. 
It seems that i cannot receive group texts (sms) anymore (group meaning a mix of iphone and android users). I get added in groups but I don't see that nor I receive the texts. 

I used to receive them before all the time, but since the transfer I am no longer able to get them. If someone could please help resolve this issue, it would be much appreciated.
Group texts are important form me, as I use this option quite often. 

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

Gemma

7 REPLIES 7

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Gemmaeileen , I believe group text are sent as MMS.  What phone are you using?  It's possible the MMS APN settings could be incorrect.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Gemmaeileen   Is it definitely SMS you are using rather than MMS?  

I'm sorry to hear that. If you tried everything and it's not working it's possible that  public mobile doesn't support this feature.  Hopefully not. 

Send a message to customer service and explain the issue and see what they say. Keep us informed if you can. Good luck. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gemmaeileen

Thanks @Sansan for your respond. I did both and it worked for one text only. Did not get the other ones 😞 It has something to do with the transfer for sure. Maybe something else has been disabled that i dont know about. It was working just fine before i switched over 😕  I cant find the option to contact Public Mobile directly. 

Gemmaeileen

Thanks for your response 🙂 @hairbag1...tried that and didnt work either. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Gemmaeileen did you check to see by mistake your mms and group messages  were disabled?  Maybe try the settings and go to notifications in your phone and see what's there.

Also resetting the phone

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Gemmaeileen 

it's a long-shot but...have the moderator of the group text create a new group with you in it. See if that does the trick.

Need Help? Let's chat.