cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded plan with questionable GB useage

Rick007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I upgraded my plan to the 4G plan (prepaid 3 months which expires in January) from my basic 3G monthly plan and for some reason my GB indicator on my phone has indicated 5GB available and not the 60GB alloted over a 3 month term.  I would like to know of the 60GB alloted what do I have remaining.

In additional, I find the 4G service is the same as 3g I started with back in 2018.

Thoughts?

Thank you, Rick

6 REPLIES 6

Rick007

Thank you.

@Rick007  The advertised speed for 4G is up to 100Mbps.  I just did a speedtest on PM 4G/LTE and it was 81.1 down and 2.88 up.  That's inside a house away from windows and rural.  Did you private message an agent?  I would ask them to take a look at it.

Rick007

Hello Phil_Adelphus,

I did the speed test and the following came up.

With my wifi at home - Upload 23.21ms, Download 46.63mb and Ping 11.44ms

Public Mobile internet - Upload .43mb, download 2.89mbps and ping 38.72.

What should the numbers be with 4g?

Thank you. Rick

Rick007

Thank you, I found my usage in my account.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Rick007   You can check how much data you have remaining by logging into your account.  Is it possible you have set a data limit reminder in the settings of your phone?  Phones also list how much data each app has used so that might be another thing to check. 

Regarading 3G vs 4G, have you done a speed test and what was the result?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Rick007 

maybe just browser cache, please use Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser to login My Account to confirm again

If same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.