cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about upgrading to a new plan

Nicole_P91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I’m a legacy customer on a 3G plan. I’m looking to upgrade and wondering what happens to the bonus data and international minutes I have saved from past More Is Merrier campaigns. Also, aside from upgrading from the old rewards system to Public Points, does anything else change?

TIA

9 REPLIES 9

@ulearn wrote:

@Handy1 Wholly molly...you have 69 referrals! That's insane! And kinda 😎 too! 

That's actually only 23 referrals.

ulearn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Nicole_P91 I was going to say and thought of changing plans (I am also in the grandfathered plan) but, am on the cheapest plan of $15 a month. And with the discounts, such as the 'Auto Pay,' I get $2 a month on the legacy plan...but if I make the switch, I would only get 75 cents. 

I think, if you upgrade to the better plans, it will tell you how much of a reward you are getting. And you could judge from that. Granted, after seeing @Handy1 numbers, maybe, I got it all wrong! 

ulearn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Handy1 Wholly molly...you have 69 referrals! That's insane! And kinda 😎 too! 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nicole_P91 It will be entirely your choice to opt into the new Points system upon switching phone plans. If you find a better phone plan, you can still remain on the old legacy rewards. The savings on the old legacy program tend to be higher compared to the new Points system. 

Essentially, you can switch phone plans whenever you'd like! Unlike the phone plans however, you cannot switch points system whenever you please. It's a one time switch and can never go back! Therefore, before you consider switching points systems, just make sure you weigh out the pros/cons. See the list below for more info:

Andy85_1-1703371378599.png

If you want my opinion, I agree with @hTideGnow's recommendation related to the legacy rewards 🙂 

hi @Nicole_P91 DO NOT upgrade your reward system.  You don't have to.  and you earn MORE on old system 

You can upgrade plan without upgrade rewards system. And  upgrading your plan won't change you to new rewards system 

Nicole_P91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Apologies for the confusion, I meant to say rewards. Updated my original post as well.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nicole_P91  You will continue to keep your old $ legacy rewards there tied to your account not your plan . And you data add ons and long distance mins will still remain . But your non expecting data add ons if changing to a 5G plan will become incompatibile and remain on your account for future use should you ever change plans back to 3G or 4G plan 

i Can confirm you will keep your old rewards @Nicole_P91  

Handy1_0-1703371058902.jpeg

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Nicole_P91,

Can you clarify what you mean when you asked about upgrading from the old point system to the new public points system? Are you considering making the switch to the new Points System?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Nicole_P91 Plan Change won't change your bonus addon and your reward system, you will still earn the same monthly reward in dollar amount.  So, feel free to make plan change 

And remember use Change on Renewal to schedule a plan change instead of Change Now to avoid losing money

Need Help? Let's chat.