cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM -> eSIM (without changing phone number)

rachad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently abroad and I want to buy a phone here that only supports eSIM. In Canada, I've been using a physical SIM card from your company since 2019, and I don't want to change my phone number. Is it possible to transfer my phone number to the eSIM so I can use it on my new phone?

what would happen to the physical SIM card, would it be working still or gets automatically disabeled ?

6 REPLIES 6

@rachad 

The Canadian version of the iPhone 15 have SIM & eSIM. The American version have dual SIM. I checked at my local Telus store.

rachad

The iphone 15 pro ONLY supports eSIM 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rachad 

It would be easier to just pop out the SIM from your old phone and pop in your iPhone 15 Pro. If the iPhone is dual eSIM, you will need download PM app and purchase a new eSIM on the iPhone 15 Pro.

But be careful of fake iPhone 15 Pro in the market. My local FB Marketplace are selling iPhone 15 Pro Max and 14 Pro Max for $165…if it is too good to be true…it is. Even if you do an IMEI check if it is Blacklisted. It will be clean because they use a clean IMEI.

@rachad 

if you do get that phone, put your old PM sim in and download the free PM app. Log in to your acct to purchase esim.

Be veerryy wary of buying a used cellphone from someone unknown to you. You have no way to tell if it's hot or any recourse if it is hot. You don't wanna lose your $$..no matter how good the price is !

rachad

Iphone 15 pro (not from the US, I just found a used one pretty cheap here where I am), it does work with a local eSIM card, the only concern is if it would work with public mobile + if its possible to change my SIM -> eSIM without loosing my phone number

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

what phone you are getting?? iPhone from US??

Most phones' eSIM should work, but there some reported that it didn't work

safer to buy one with physical 

Need Help? Let's chat.