cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Timmy2021
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

does the SIM card has to be issued by the carrier with special instruction to make the phone work?

144 REPLIES 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : Did you try that email method mentioned earlier to see if you can receive a text? No your landline obviously can't send a text.

Timmy2021

that is exactly what I did many times, but no 6-digit code ever sent to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 wrote:

On my cell phone of course, but there is no cursor as in PC, how can I even navigate through any icon or file?

@Timmy2021 

everything you need visit Here....

@Timmy2021 

Your finger is the mouse. Either tap, tap twice or tap and hold. It depends on the action you want but go thru with that method. If one tap doesn't work the tap twice etc...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : Tap, tap and hold, swipe up, swipe down, swipe left, swipe right, from the edges too. You might find a few surprises. Just press the bottom right left arrow to go back to where you were.

@Timmy2021 

To finish creating your self serve account use the one on your right....the one on the left is for after you have finished creating it.

Screenshot_20210826-165610~2.png

Then enter your phone number to get the six digit alphanumeric code.

Screenshot_20210826-165708~2.png

Enter the code to finish creating your account....take a screen shot of your info or write it down.

Timmy2021

On my cell phone of course, but there is no cursor as in PC, how can I even navigate through any icon or file?

@Timmy2021 

Tap and hold the message and a box will show up with options....choose delete.

Edit:

In your email or your phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 wrote:

Hi, S-S  I have created so many my own junk mails, now the send text page does not show up, how can I delete any unwanted mail, files or icons?

@Timmy2021 

which email you have 

yahoo

gmail 

hotmail

Timmy2021

Hi, S-S  I have created so many my own junk mails, now the send text page does not show up, how can I delete any unwanted mail, files or icons?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 

visit Here 

or 

Here 

or

Here 

Timmy2021

JK8, some of my messages from my PC show up in my cell phone, some messages don't and there is a long delay just as corroborated by this posting: 

https://www.zipwhip.com/blog/how-to-text-from-your-computer/

Now I need to solve the send message problem: When I hit the create message icon at the bottom right the key board does not show up.  

@Timmy2021 wrote:

I did call my cell phone from my home phone, no problem, but I cannot send message from my home phone. 

Send yourself a text from an email account. Use this format:

Yourphonenumber@mms.mb.telus.com

@Timmy2021 wrote:

I did call my cell phone from my home phone, no problem, but I cannot send message from my home phone. 

you cannot send message from your home phone?  or you meant from your cell?

Timmy2021

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : Um...well...no...we're complete strangers. You don't know anybody with a landline or cellphone? Heck you could even call yourself with a voip app like TextNow that can also do voice. But that's a little ahead of your cellphone experience for now.

@Timmy2021 

Remove your phone number. You are opening yourself up to spam, etc.

Choose 3 vertical dots in your post.

edit.jpg

Timmy2021

What is the purpose of the self-serve account?

@Anonymous wrote:

z10user4_0-1630016183804.png

CCS, Admit it.. you are at the cottage up North enjoying the last little bit of the summer  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

z10user4_0-1630016183804.png

If you think of it as a little computer and that you're figuring your way around the operating system then that might make it easier.

If you have the same texting app as I do then you tap that little blue bubble to the lower right to open composing a message and the keyboard will show up.

Can you ask someone to call you to test incoming calls. Can you ask someone to text you to test incoming texting.

Timmy2021

Yes, I can make and receive call, but when I try to send message, the key board does not show up, may be I must have a recipient in my list first? Surfing internet is still light years away. I am only trying to learn all the basic operation of the phone, it is a very complicated and intriguing contraption.  Youtube is a very informative media, without it I don't even know how to receive calls: I have to wipe the phone icon upward.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : A big red bar up top says they're closed until early Sep.

Edit: So you can call in/out? Text in/out? Browse the internet?

Timmy2021

I tried many times, the phone rang, but no 6-digit code was sent to my phone.  

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Timmy2021

There is no live chat at CCS, those icons at the right does not activate chat.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : Then that's an in-store activation. Click on that My Account then lower on the right click on Create account. See what you can get there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 

you can change your email with CSA,

you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  , and Explain your issue
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, 

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Timmy2021

I activated through Canadian Cell Supplies, when I try to access "My Account" with my email address and password, it says my email address is not recognized that is the email address I gave to Mustaqeem when I activate my SIM card on Wednesday.

@Timmy2021 wrote:

No 6-digit code is sent to my phone to create self serve account.

Did you activate at a store or using your own internet connection?  If you acttivate at home, you don't need to create a self serve account as this would have already been done during the activation process.

Timmy2021

No 6-digit code is sent to my phone to create self serve account.

@Timmy2021 wrote:

JK8, thanks for the Youtube link.  I downloaded AT&T version.  Wow, I'll be staying up all day and all night to get to know Samsung's system.  Good night. 

Samsung phones running Android also tend to have a internet link to the user manual on the phone itself, accessible from the main menu.

Need Help? Let's chat.