cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Timmy2021
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

does the SIM card has to be issued by the carrier with special instruction to make the phone work?

144 REPLIES 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 

at public mobile is the service Prepaid Plans 30 day,

not overcharging no extra charging fees.

Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days..save money

is security and safe 100% ....not like rogers

Timmy2021

What is offered with the $25 plan? Unlimited call, data and texting?  then why the 500 MB bonus is offered?

@Timmy2021 

The amount for your $25 activation plan bundle from CCS will be $20+tax ($22.60)

+ you will be eligible to recieve the one time 5gb bonus data add on.+ you will be eligible to recieve the one time 5gb bonus data add on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : No telephone banking. Payment card or Visa/Mastercard (some) Debit or vouchers online or from stores or Instant Top-up from a few stores.

@Timmy2021 

It’s best to put a credit card on file and sign up for autopay. This will reduce your plan cost by $2 at renewal. There are no overage charges at PM. Everything is prepaid. The $25 plan is a great plan.

Timmy2021

Ok, CCS just called me, he said I can pick it up 11 am to 7 pm, I'll go tomorrow with my phone.  Man, I am so low tech in this world of cell phone.  He asked what plan I want to have with Public Mobile, I said the $25 plan, he said with subscription to PM, i get the SIM card free, he will activate the SIM card, give me a cell phone number as I pay him $25 plus tax for the first month, then I pay PM in the subsequent month.  So the amount I paid by the credit card should be cancelled and replaced with the $25 plus tax for the first month. Does PM accept payment though telephone banking? That is how I pay Rogers average month, I don't want to pay by credit card for there is always overcharging problem. Rogers send me monthly bill to my email and I pay it through telephone banking.  

@Timmy2021 

Yeah I haven't quite figured that one out yet but I am assuming it's an international roaming SIM card. How did you pay? Card or pay pal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : I bought two vouchers from them some time ago and I still get emails from them. Are you certain your email addresses are correct? Have you checked your spam and junk folders? Do you use an email client or webmail? If webmail have you checked those spam and junk folders? If imap in the client did you link to those folders from the server?

Timmy2021

I ordered 2 SIM cards from Canadian Cell Supplies at its website for pick up, but no confirmation of my order, and still no reply from Canadian cell supplies by phone or by email.  The world SIM card is a puzzle.  

@Timmy2021 

Here are your options...

Canadian Cell Supplies

Mon - Sat, 11AM - 07PM

Call/WhatsApp 289 937 2200

info@canadiancellsupplies.com

2489 Finch Avenue West, North York, ON, M9M 2G1 - (Temp Closed)

201-1300 Cornwall Road, Oakville, ON, L6J 7W5 - (Temp Closed)

5956 Chalfont Crescent Mississauga ON, L5M 6K8

@Timmy2021 

It may take a half hour to get your confirmation email from CVS. If you are worried give them a call or email them back since you can't chat or text via WhatsApp....they may also chat via messenger. Check the website.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : Apple devices are in their own field currently using what they call lightning. Most other phones will mostly have microUSB which is kind of an flat elongated D shape. More modern phones have moved on to USB Type-C which is an easy kind of flat oval shape.

The A01 is microusb. You'll find those cables everywhere. The wall warts are also entirely standard...even Apple, due to the standard USB-A connector. Don't worry too much about charge speed. Some phones can do faster rate but the A01 doesn't mention it. So if the wall wart can offer the higher speed, it's up to the phone to take it.

As for the subject: think of the phone as a little computer with radio transceivers. It can do wifi and bluetooth and gps and NFC all without need for a SIM. The SIM is needed to use the cell radios of the phone to connect to the provider of the SIM and on to the account connected to the SIM.

Timmy2021

I bought 2 Samsung Galaxy A01 from eBay, they are being delivered.  I wonder how the charger for that phone looks like, do all phones use USB cable for charging?  What is the charging voltage, current and charging time? 

https://www.google.ca/search?sxsrf=ALeKk020SUR4VOHEQCrkOSnn3TyAoBcvtg:1629780109932&source=univ&tbm=...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=does+samsung+galaxy+A01+has+two+cameras&sxsrf=ALeKk02R3Sliq9f8s5XkAr5...

emilieaugustin1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Most dollars stores also have spare chargers for all kinds of cell phones.

emilieaugustin1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Until you get your sim card, if you have wifi, you can call and text for free in Canada and United States with TEXTNOW.

@Timmy2021 wrote:

will the phone still works without the SIM card?  makes call, send text and surge internet?

Basically no.  You cannot calls with any mobile provider without a SIM card.

however, the phone will still work on Wifi without a SIM.  So, with Wifi , you can use VoIP app to make calls and text as suggested by @JK8 

@Timmy2021 

Something like this from amazon.

707021FA-40FF-4AF5-9F1C-CEF1399B75BD.jpeg

@Timmy2021   no, they are not universal.  Although it is pretty much left with 3 major kinds now 

what kind of phone  you have?

you can get it from Amazon or Bestbuy or any local phone store..

Timmy2021

where can I get a phone charger, is the charger universal for all cell phones?

@Timmy2021 wrote:

will the phone still works without the SIM card?  makes call, send text and surge internet?

The phone does not need a SIM card for wifi so you can still connect to the internet.

Have a look at this. You can call and text with the app Text Me.

Timmy2021

@Timmy2021 wrote:

Does the SIM card acts like the Hard Drive of a computer, If the cell phone becomes malfunction I simply pull the SIM card out and insert into another cell phone then the new cell phone will has all the data and record transferred?

As long as the phone is compatible with PM and is unlocked you can put the existing SIM card in. Documents, pictures, etc  are saved to your phone (not sim) so you will have to transfer those over to your new phone.

Timmy2021

Does the SIM card acts like the Hard Drive of a computer, If the cell phone becomes malfunction I simply pull the SIM card out and insert into another cell phone then the new cell phone will has all the data and record transferred?

@Timmy2021 wrote:

does the SIM card has to be issued by the carrier with special instruction to make the phone work?

The SIM card provides instructions to the device about such things as the preferred network to connect to.  It also identifies you as to the network.

Need Help? Let's chat.