cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card set up

briggy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

trying to enter existing phone number when setting up my SIM card. it is telling me that it is not a valid Canadian phone number 

10 REPLIES 10

DMCTWL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My number was ported from KOODO. Enter your account number that you have at KOODO that is associated with the number you want to port to PM. When you have successfully activated SIM, you will get a text message from KOODO asking if you are porting this #. Reply yes and you will get an email from KOODO  that your service has been cancelled. Then remove KOODO Sim and put in PM SIM...PM will tell you to restart your phone...you should now be connected.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@briggy 

Check to see if your number can be ported from this Koodo website (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile), so, same allowances here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@briggy 

Could you please give us the steps you taken to activate your SIM so we can help further?

Are you porting your old number over or did you pick a new number?

DMCTWL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait 3-4 hours then try again.Looks like they lock you out after first attempt.  I had the same problem. ...was successful the second time.  Then you will get a bigger headache that will require a customer agent to resolve. Your credit card will be charged twice...so check your credit card that you are not charged twice. ...your balance in your account will not reflect that you have been charged twice.

Also, if you are porting a number from another carrier, do not enter your IMEI device number. Enter your account number from your previous carrier.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@briggy  

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

@briggy the initial attempt already activated the account  Put your PM sim card in a phone to test.   It should connect and you should be able to make outgoing calls.  you just won't receive incoming 

Yes, the porting info you provide had problem.   There is a number to call to talk to live support to get it resolved.   I will message you the number.   Please check your Community Inbox 

briggy

my first attempt failed to load so i tried again to activate it and now it wont work past phone number  

briggy

tried to activate and it did fail so i tried again and now it wont work 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@briggy did you already try to activate and just failed,  and yiu re-attempt?

or you are replacing a sim card for an existing PM account??

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@briggy 

don't cancel old account until you've successfully ported number to PM.

Take a temp number for now...then when account is set up...initiate aa port of your old number.

Need Help? Let's chat.