cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network issue!

mehranmirshafie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I currently have the mo. plan which is $15 (data at 3G) I am a Doordash driver who has undergone app glitch and/or network issue. it is sometimes unreliable in terms of navigation

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mehranmirshafie wrote:

Hi. I currently have the mo. plan which is $15 (data at 3G) I am a Doordash driver who has undergone app glitch and/or network issue. it is sometimes unreliable in terms of navigation

@mehranmirshafie - as long as you have data left on your plan (and as others are saying 250 mb is not too much) you should have no issue with 'navigation' unless you are in areas of poor reception.

Maybe you have run out of data, check your My Account and click the circle with the arrow to refresh the latest update of your information.

Is it just the one app you are having issues with through data? If so, try and uninstall the app, then reinstall it.

Some other troubleshooting you can try for network issues are:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services improve

fyi, plans are 30 days here, not monthly. 🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mehranmirshafie 

Public mobile data is LTE connection, but capped at 3G speeds.  Public mobile uses Telus/Bell cell towers so coverage is usually good across Canada.  Not sure whether you would get better service with a 4G data plan with Public mobile. 

$15 plan only as 250 mb of data  per every 30 day cycle, so you would use that up fairly quickly.  If you livelihood (ie. work) is dependent on your cell plan, you may want to upgrade to Tier 2 or 1 mobile company like Koodo/Fido or Telus/Rogers.  Public mobile is a tier 3 mobile company.  Low cost, no frills type of company.  You will save some money with Public mobile, but you may want better service and perks with a higher tier mobile company.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mehranmirshafie  Do you have data add on cos that plan only comes with 250mb of data and would run out very quickly 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mehranmirshafie 

Recommend downloading offline Google maps to use while in the areas you drive the most.   Do this when you're in a free Wi-Fi zone to avoid using data.

This way, you still get Map directions and you use ZERO data towards the small data allotment with the $15.00 plan.

Here's a good tool for doing this if you're unfamiliar:

Here’s how to download offline Google Maps | Tom's Guide (tomsguide.com)

Need Help? Let's chat.