cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card has not arrived...

emorrell21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered three sim cards on April 1, but they have still not arrived in the mail. I looked up my order number and it does not give me any information about where they might be. I have also emailed the customer support email address provided in the order confirmation email last week, but nobody has gotten back to me. What the heck should I do? 

21 REPLIES 21

@JackL wrote:

Thanks for clarifying regarding to this. I never knew you can track reference number with CA post, always thought the 16 digits tracking number for it to work. Sorry about that.

Canada Post reference numbers are not actually generarated by Canada Post.  When Canada Post shipping labels are created electronically, the shipper can enter anything they want as the reference number including numbers, words, or even names.  Public Mobile's order processing system happens to use the sim card order number as the Canada Post reference.

JackL

@computergeek541 wrote:

@JackL wrote:

I believe you will need a registered mail in order to track it with Canada Post.

The CA post tracking page is for CA post reference provided by CA post. Not PM order number and nor your post code.

I am experiencing the same thing. SIM card ordered two weeks ago never arrived. PM Mods told me to contact CA post for more information, but since there is no reference number from CA post and I doubt if CA post can even track it.

The Public Mobile order number is the reference number.  if nothing shows up on the Canada Post website after entering the order/reference number and postal code, this means that Pubilc Mobile never created a shipping label to send your sim cards.

Thanks for clarifying regarding to this. I never knew you can track reference number with CA post, always thought the 16 digits tracking number for it to work. Sorry about that.

@JackL wrote:

I believe you will need a registered mail in order to track it with Canada Post.

The CA post tracking page is for CA post reference provided by CA post. Not PM order number and nor your post code.

I am experiencing the same thing. SIM card ordered two weeks ago never arrived. PM Mods told me to contact CA post for more information, but since there is no reference number from CA post and I doubt if CA post can even track it.

The Public Mobile order number is the reference number.  if nothing shows up on the Canada Post website after entering the order/reference number and postal code, this means that Pubilc Mobile never created a shipping label to send your sim cards.

JackL

Should contact PM Mods still before you open a case with PayPal, just guessing that they would require you to contact vender first.

Yea I guess Walmart is "better", but some of them refuse to just give you the SIM directly. They would be much happier to activate it for you. Since there is no online activation promotion, I guess that makes no difference.

I got many SIM cards online for referring friends, this is my first time experience lost SIM card, I am still hoping to get it some day......

emorrell21

@polnyb wrote:

You could always hit up your local walmart to buy a sim card there if yours never arrives. 

I am actually about to go do that now! 

polnyb

You could always hit up your local walmart to buy a sim card there if yours never arrives. 

emorrell21

@RobertQc wrote:

@emorrell21 wrote:

@JackL wrote:

Darn it. I wish I had just gone in to a store. I have one down the road from my house but I thought this would be easier. 

@emorrell21  Just go buy a sim in person. In the long term savings at public mobile vs $10 is not a big deal, and honestly you should have an extra sim on hand anyway, for future referrals and encase of lost phone / having extra sim to troubleshoot with. Always a good idea to keep an extra.

True, but I do still need to resolve this. I ordered 3 sim cards, which came to $31.50. I am not about to just throw away over 30 bucks. I will go to a store this afternoon, as the savings is still worth it, but I have opened a case with Paypal. Hopefully they can get my money refunded. 

@emorrell21 wrote:

@JackL wrote:

Darn it. I wish I had just gone in to a store. I have one down the road from my house but I thought this would be easier. 

@emorrell21  Just go buy a sim in person. In the long term savings at public mobile vs $10 is not a big deal, and honestly you should have an extra sim on hand anyway, for future referrals and encase of lost phone / having extra sim to troubleshoot with. Always a good idea to keep an extra.

emorrell21

@JackL wrote:

@emorrell21 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@emorrell21 Are you still waiting for a SIM? Did the moderators help you? 

I have not received my SIMs and I have not heard from a moderator (although I only just messaged them a few minutes ago).

@emorrell21  Takes up to 48 hours to hear back from them. Couple minutes be patient.

emorrell21

@Luddite wrote:

I have not received my SIMs and I have not heard from a moderator (although I only just messaged them a few minutes ago).

JackL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@emorrell21  a écrit :

Thank you, I tried that just now and it says: There are no items associated with this postal code. Enter the postal code of the destination to track this item. 

I double checked that I had the correct order number and postal code. I also checked that I entered my postal code correctly when ordering. All are correct.

Sorry then ..just the moderator now can investigate your order.

emorrell21

Thank you, I tried that just now and it says: There are no items associated with this postal code. Enter the postal code of the destination to track this item. 

I double checked that I had the correct order number and postal code. I also checked that I entered my postal code correctly when ordering. All are correct.

emorrell21

I paid through Paypal, and yes, I checked my Paypal account and the charge did go through. 

@emorrell21  a écrit :

Thank you! It is frustrating because my order is not even showing as having been shipped. I have sent the moderators a message!

Did you check here? From @NDesai 

• Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home
  • Enter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box
  • Order number is sent on your email when you place an order. Please wait until you get the shipping confirmation before tracking your package. 
  • Click on the Track button and it will ask you to enter your postal code associated with your order. You will be asked for your postal code only if dulicate reference numbers are found in their system. 

track.png

frankindustries

Do you have confirmation that your credit card was charged. Perhaps there was a payment issue ?

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@emorrell21 wrote:

Thank you! It is frustrating because my order is not even showing as having been shipped. I have sent the moderators a message!

Yeah, I hear ya. I think the mods are your best bet, because without knowing for sure, you wouldn't want to try another order, then by some fluke, get both!

emorrell21

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@emorrell21 wrote:

I ordered three sim cards on April 1, but they have still not arrived in the mail. I looked up my order number and it does not give me any information about where they might be. I have also emailed the customer support email address provided in the order confirmation email last week, but nobody has gotten back to me. What the heck should I do? 

That's bizarre. Both of mine arrived within 3 days. Not too many messages in here about that.

You can try to contact a moderator here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

They are your best bet for a solution.

Need Help? Let's chat.