cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card fails periodically

Karmelito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just returned from Spain. Used iPhone there without issue. Return to Canada and Public Mobile SIM card fails regularly every day. To re-enable I must eject the SIM card and plug it in again. The phone registers on the network and will work fine for an indeterminable amount of time. There is no pattern, other than it will fail again at some point, an hour or two or three later. Must repeat the process and the phone will work again.

Is there something about the Public Mobile SIMS? Are they low quality, given the plans? Is is possible to get a higher quality SIM card, like the one I used in Spain?

I did purchase a new SIM and try that. No difference. Fails just like its predecessor. 

Very frustrating. Any insights at all would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Karmelito

Got on chat with support. **bleep**ty service. Same questions over and over again. I dont think the boy Rodriego that picked up knows anything. Dumping Public Mobile for a more reliable product and competent service.

Karmelito

Thanks. I'll try the direct link to support. The phone works fine on another network with another SIM. But with Public Mobile, using several Public Mobile SIMS, cleaned multiple times, the SIM ultimately fails. If not the phone, and not the SIM, must be the account. Will try getting support to reset it, whatever that means? Jiggle the cable?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Karmelito 

did you pull the sim out? try to pull it and wipe it clean and put it back and check again

Also, if you have not done so, better to try Reset Network Settings once and see if it helps

Of course, testing on another phone can confirm if it is a device problem or not

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Karmelito   It rather sounds like a phone problem.  As well as @Handy1 's suggestion to try the sim in another phone, can you also try another carrier's sim in your phone to help narrow down the problem?  Of course that requires someone willing to let you borrow their sim card for as long as it takes to see if it cuts out or not!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Karmelito  Can you try the SIM card in another phone to test ? Also maybe try to reset network settings se if that helps at all . If still same use this direct link to support to see if they can reset your account in their end 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.