cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM appears to not be activated

RubyMcIntee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased an iPhone 8 / SIM card from Public Mobile and would like to return it for a full refund as I find the chatbot / community help pretty useless. Please provide an RGA and the instructions with an address so that I send the phone back to the proper location for credit.

10 REPLIES 10

@RubyMcIntee  so, it looks like the device issue.  You can easily request a refund first , 30 days full refund, and re-purchase  a new one if she wants to 

for the account login, open a ticket with PM Support and they can reset the credentials.

RubyMcIntee

I tried my SIM in her new (used) phone from PM and there were no issues. Her SIM card in my iPhone did not connect to PM network.

Was not able to log into her account in self serve.

@RubyMcIntee wrote:

I am answering on behalf of Ruby.

If this issue with the SIM activation cannot be resolved within the next 12 hours I will definitely be returning the phone! I recommended PM to this dear lady and she went through the SIM activation process and got her new phone number but lost her Internet connection before she could save the information. The # of the SIM card is -----------. She may have incorrectly entered her email address as ----------- when it should have been -----------so she is left unable to log back in!

Her credit card has been charged the pre-paid amount for the month and this should also be credited!

I am an active customer of PM and have had no problems with my account/service but I must say I am not impressed with the way PM provides support service. No live person or email to be contact just doesn't work very well with seniors that have little to no experience/patience dealing with technical problems!

-----------

@RubyMcIntee  - your friend can still log into her self serve account to check and manage things using the incorrect email. But if the email is unsure then ask Customer Support (CSA) to change it.

We are all members and customers like you and your friend. CSA are Public Mobile representatives that have access to your account.

CSA contact methods here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RubyMcIntee 

Please click the down arrow at the top, right of your post with the SIM # and emails, and edit those out.

This is a public forum, which is not a good idea to have for all to see.

@computergeek541 @Luddite @Dunkman 

Is anyone able to revise the above post and remove the SIM # and emails please?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RubyMcIntee wrote:

I recently purchased an iPhone 8 / SIM card from Public Mobile and would like to return it for a full refund as I find the chatbot / community help pretty useless. Please provide an RGA and the instructions with an address so that I send the phone back to the proper location for credit.

@RubyMcIntee  - can you confirm you Activated the SIM card first ?

Just buying a phone and SIM card from public mobile does not give you an active plan/account; unless, you already had a current SIM card with working public mobile services.

If you have not activated any SIM cards yet, you can activate online here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/portal/activation

EDIT, sorry, didn't see your 2nd post while my post window was still open....so ignore the activation steps above then, since an activation sounds completed and a charge was done.

• Can you try the SIM into your phone or another phone to see if there are any working services?
  • You can also try your SIM into your friend's phone to see if you have your services working.

Remember to restart the phone with the SIM in the phone. This will rule out a phone or account issue.

Also, is your friend's account showing active in self serve?

@RubyMcIntee   You can also have PM support to fix the email address used for PM My Account login name issue.  Just tag onto the same ticket

(but Gmail take alias, the email addresses you posted, with or without the dot, both would work in terms of email, both would send email to the same mailbox.  But of course for logging into PM My Account, you need to check which one you used and use that one to login)

@RubyMcIntee 

first, we are just customers like you but we try to help.  Please remove the email address and IMEI, this is a open  forum and not safe to post here

It sound like just a SIM provisioning issue.  It is a easy fix on the PM side.  Just open a ticket and they likely can fix it quickly

To open ticket , I suggest you to simply use direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

RubyMcIntee

I am answering on behalf of Ruby.

If this issue with the SIM activation cannot be resolved within the next 12 hours I will definitely be returning the phone! I recommended PM to this dear lady and she went through the SIM activation process and got her new phone number but lost her Internet connection before she could save the information. The # of the SIM card is [deleted ..Luddite]. She may have incorrectly entered her email address as [deleted ..Luddite] when it should have been [deleted ..Luddite] so she is left unable to log back in!

Her credit card has been charged the pre-paid amount for the month and this should also be credited!

I am an active customer of PM and have had no problems with my account/service but I must say I am not impressed with the way PM provides support service. No live person or email to be contact just doesn't work very well with seniors that have little to no experience/patience dealing with technical problems!

[deleted ..Luddite]

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I do not agree Community support is useless. If you would ask question before starting to complain you will get a lot of good answers. Whatever...

If you want to return your phone https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

If you cared to describe issues with SIM activation, you would get few valuable advises and your service would most likely be up and running in a few hours or less.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RubyMcIntee   We are all customers like you here.  

But to arrange for CPO phone refund, please open ticket with PM Support via direct messaging:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Once they got the ticket, they will verify and walk you through the return process

Also, you have issue with activating the SIM? or you give up activating new line with PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.