cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Failure/Invalid SIM Card

AmandaNL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son's iPhone recently had a fall into some water - after a day the phone seems to be working great BUT recently says Invalid SIM Card. Hoping just a new SIM Card will take care of this problem .. 

Anyone else ever have this issue ??? 

Amanda  

11 REPLIES 11

AmandaNL

I was just told the same thing by a iPhone tech - it maybe the SIM Card Reader! 

AngH

Sounds like the SIM card reader on the iPhone got damaged so it doesn't read any SIM card. If there is AppleCare warranty, try going to apple for service. 

HI @AmandaNL 

I think it is device problem more than sim card, don't waste money yet

get a loaner phone and test the sim card for couple days (since you said it is on and off issue)

AmandaNL

No, actually dropped it in a ditch while trying to jump the ditch lol 

It was placed in the container of rice for a day - but now this error keeps coming up, he turns it off and it works again for a short time ... 

I did go ahead and order a new SIM Card, I've wasted more then $10 before lol 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AmandaNL 

order a new sim then. Once you get it, change number the sim in the account.

siimmm.jpg

Best is to order hard sim from Amazon..it could be a 3 week wait if ordered from PM.. Depending on which iPhone, you can also get an esim right away.

added....https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/eSIM-Compatibility-with-Public-Mobile/t...

These guys have the PM sim for $5.99 and if you're in GTA, they have a pick-up option.........https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-mi...

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

So your kid dropped their cell phone in the toilet eh? Kids... what are you going to do. LOL.

Did you place the phone in a container of rice to get as much water out of the phone as possible? 

I'd suggest trying another SIM card inside the phone. If the same error comes up then the phone may be damaged inside. If the other SIM card works, your son's SIM card may be damaged. If that is the case, do NOT buy it directly from Public Mobile. If you have Amazon Prime,  Amazon $4.99 or you can contact a local Telus store and see if they have any. $10 there.

HI @AmandaNL 

I think it is more a device problem, maybe loose sim contacts after the water issue.  At least try to take out and reinsert sim card.

AmandaNL

Thanks - will do BUT it could go a day without the issue and it could go an hour  or less ... 

AmandaNL

Thanks - will do BUT it could go a day without the issue and it could go an hour .. it varies! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @AmandaNL 

could be the phone problem.  Don't buy a new sim card yet, you might need to buy new phone

Test the sim card in another phone, and also, test another sim card in the iPhone and let us know what works what not

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@AmandaNL 

Might want to try the SIM card in another working phone.  That will help determine whether SIM card issue versus phone problem

Need Help? Let's chat.