Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card

Karen24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

So I have a Samsung galaxy S9 plus 

I am going to Walmart to buy a SIM card to sign up for a plan this evening

Is there only 1 SIM card sold for public mobility or are there different ones??
If there are different sim cards which one is suitable for my phone???

11 REPLIES 11

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It is a 3 in 1 - I have the same phone and it works. So as they say the nano and you just pop that out of the card and you are good to go.

guitarpickr

Hi Karen, when you purchase your public mobile SIM card, it can be broken down to exactly what your phone needs.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Karen24 

The PM SIM is a 3 in 1 size so you can snap off the spacers. 
Check with Walmart and London Drugs staff if they are still giving free SIM if they activate the SIM for you. Then all you have to do is to activate your account at home.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Karen24 

Is Wal-Mart your only choice? We could give you recommendations but you have kept your location top secret? I guess it's on a need to know basis....walmart is pretty much at the bottom of my list of retailers to activate at. Just above koodo at the bottom of the barrel.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Be careful at retailer. PM SIM card can be bought for $1 and up. Sometimes can be free. If walmart is trying to charge you $10 or so for SIM, walk away. You should pay Plan cost only plus maybe few $ for SIM. Confirm if your service is active in the store. REMEMBER all emails, passwords, PINs, whatnot, you provide or receive during activation.

If you are not desperate to get service NOW, I am sure you will get plenty of advises here how to start your PM service and pay the least.

@Karen24 wrote:

Thank you!😀

Sorry but 
I don’t know much about this what does tri-cut mean??

It is nano SIM (smallest one) within micro within standard size. micro and standard are just plastic frames around nano card. Your Samsung most likely uses nano but keep other 2 frames just in case.

Before you sign up, have your friend's referral code ready to get some one time discount.

Sorry @Karen24   basically like the SIM cards shown in the above posts.  There are 3 kind of SIM in terms or size, and it can be broken into the correct one.  The SIM card are pre-set like above.   S9 uses nano, just need to "break" it to make it nano and you can put it in the phone.  Or you can ask the Walmart support to assist  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Karen24 wrote:

Hi 

So I have a Samsung galaxy S9 plus 

I am going to Walmart to buy a SIM card to sign up for a plan this evening

Is there only 1 SIM card sold for public mobility or are there different ones??
If there are different sim cards which one is suitable for my phone???

@Karen24 

esjliv_0-1627525312721.png

Just ask for a Public Mobile SIM card at Walmart. If they won't sell you one, unless you activate a plan, they really should not be doing that.

But if it happens, tell them you already have an account, and you are just replacing your current SIM and phone; that should prevent them from pushing any activation on you.

If you want to activate online yourself. You can activate online here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

Or, you can use this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Or, you can activate in-store, and they may give you the SIM card for free...but then that promo @softech posted is not eligible, so keep that in mind.

Karen24

Thank you!😀

Sorry but 
I don’t know much about this what does tri-cut mean??

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is only one standard type of SIM cards for mobiles. You should get nano with 2 different inserts to use if particular phone requires different sizes.

How To Cut Micro And Nano SIM (DIY) - Phones - Nigeria

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Karen24  Just one type.  PM SIM should be tri-cut

You can in fact try to activate there and they likely will give you the SIM for free

and don't forget current promotion:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-12mon...

Ask the Mobile sales to add this to the promo code: 12MONTH2GB

Need Help? Let's chat.