cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher didn't cover total balance owing on 1st pmt...what now?

jeudy889
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a balance of $50 owing, so bought a voucher for $48 + $2 tax = $50 (thinking my balance owing included gst.)

When I applied the voucher it only applied the $48 so I still owe $2 by tomorrow.

What happens if I have a $2 balance owing past the due date? Does my service get cut off?

I was told I had to buy a voucher for $60 as there was no $50 option

20 REPLIES 20

14ALL41

@softech wrote:

@14ALL41   You only add $15 when you put in the amount.  PM will add the tax when they process the charge via your credit card

OK. So my account is due for $15. I add manually $15 and now my account is due $0. What am I missing? Will I pay 1.95 for tax?

@14ALL41   You only add $15 when you put in the amount.  PM will add the tax when they process the charge via your credit card

14ALL41

@softech wrote:

@BorisDoris   If you want to go to pay by voucher, you will go to the retails and ask for a $15 voucher, and the retails will add tax on top of it and you pay $16.95 on the transaction.

And if you pay manually adding money to account do you add $15 or $16.95?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jeudy889 

That means you're on points so our idea about the Auto pay reward won't work. Do you have a debit/credit card that you can register for Auto pay? This is not a preauthorized card payment system. Auto pay only has permission to attempt one payment per 30 days to cover any or all of your plan amount shortfall. In your case $2+tax. There are no overages, extra billing or fees at pm.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@BorisDoris   If you want to go to pay by voucher, you will go to the retails and ask for a $15 voucher, and the retails will add tax on top of it and you pay $16.95 on the transaction.

When you come back to load the voucher, a $15 amount will be added to the account as Available Fund.  PM will deduct the $15, which is on the Available Fund of the account  and renew the plan  (remember tax already paid once when you bought the voucher  in the retail :))  

BorisDoris
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious wrote:

@14ALL41 

A voucher amount is tax paid. As are the amounts in your available funds. If you put $10 on your account with your payment card $10 goes on the balance but your card is charged $10+tax or in Ontario $11.30.

I do not follow?!?!

For example: Your plan is $15. Assume no rewards, etc. On renew day your card through autopay is charged $15+13%tax = $16.95

If you pay with voucher how much you pay at walmart for voucher?

If you manually pay do you add $15 to account or $16.95?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@14ALL41 

A voucher amount is tax paid. As are the amounts in your available funds. If you put $10 on your account with your payment card $10 goes on the balance but your card is charged $10+tax or in Ontario $11.30.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

14ALL41

@jeudy889 wrote:

I had a balance of $50 owing, so bought a voucher for $48 + $2 tax = $50 (thinking my balance owing included gst.)

When I applied the voucher it only applied the $48 so I still owe $2 by tomorrow.

I was told I had to buy a voucher for $60 as there was no $50 option

I am confused. You bought voucher for $48 and somebody told you you can buy $60? Or voucher was for $50?

Just tax for $50 is $6.5 (13%).

The way I see you need more than $2?????? as your plan cost 50+tax.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You would need to register a card and pay through this site to make that payment. It's a great idea mentioned to register a card and turn on autopay and then you would get the $2 reward. All assuming you activated before late January and had not opted in to the new points system. The reward gets put into your balance that would give you the needed $50 to pay for your plan.

The other user or myself can give you a used gift card to do this. It can't be used for paying anything though.

@jeudy889 wrote:

I tried making a payment for the $2 using my bank card but it wasn't accepted by my bank - What if I go back onto Autopay? Will it deduct the $2 from my card, and apply the $48 available funds?

@jeudy889   If there is a card already setup on your system and if the renewal date is in the future, ie. you account not currently suspended, then you can enable Autopay and PM will use the Autopay for your next renewal date

However, if your account is already in suspended status, Autopay will not be triggered until you made a manual payment and account is back to Active

Even that, Autopay could fail.  So, you have a credit card or Visa debit card set on the system now?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jeudy889 

Plan payments always deduct from your available funds first. Are you on the points program? Or rewards?

jeudy889

I don't know if I'm on points or rewards...this is my first month after purchase so just figuring it all out

jeudy889

I tried making a payment for the $2 using my bank card but it wasn't accepted by my bank - What if I go back onto Autopay? Will it deduct the $2 from my card, and apply the $48 available funds?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jeudy889 

Are you on the points program or the rewards program? If you are on the rewards program then the $2 Auto pay reward will cover your shortfall. Private message me I will give you the card details of a visa/gift card with a $0 balance that you can use to register for autopay ( just dont let it try to charge the card.)

Otherwise 7/11 also sells $10 vouchers. Or you can top up online at recharge.com for $5+10% surcharge. You can find more info on pm vouchers here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/td-p/479165/page/10

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You have to have exact amount or more as even 1 cent less will suspend your account causing more headache.

Get another voucher to cover these $2 even if it will leave big credit on your account. It will be used on next renewal.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Or if you don't have a credit card even a Visa Debit would work for the extra 2 bucks

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jeudy889 

If your balance ($2) is not paid, your account will be suspended and you can’t use your phone.

As others have suggested where to get a lower voucher. You might want to check with London Drugs on the lower priced vouchers. If it is more than $2, the overpayment will be a credit to your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jeudy889 

you can get another voucher to cover the difference. 

Or if you need to resume your service urgently or no time to get a new voucher , you can Change Plan to a cheaper one, maybe the $40 plan.  Of course you will have less data and you will have to use the data more carefully in the next month 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jeudy889 

London Drugs sells $10 vouchers. I believe RCSS sells $5 vouchers.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

All amounts in the account are before tax. Taxes are paid at point of purchase.

Yes it suspends for lack of payment.

Any excess amount put in can just be used for the next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.