cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CHANGE

luxiline
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I lost my SIM card and got a new one. I went on my account and followed all the steps to “Change SIM” all was good! I put the SIM back into my same phone I was using with the previous SIM and it’s saying no SIM. This tells me that obviously the system on public mobile didn’t correctly activate the SIM through their system. How can this be fixed? 

18 REPLIES 18

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Is the error of old SIM and new SIM the same?

Then suspect the phone...and try the new one in another phone. 

The old SIM cannot be re-used so you can dispose of it. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

The sim card would likely come up as in use? If the checkmark was given first time around then its likely provisioning or a bad batch of sim cards....there has been a few reports of this issue in the last week or so...?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I wonder if you were to try the change sim thing again. Unfortunately all we can see are the last 4 digits of the card. But what if there was an error before that? Nothing to lose. You might need to get another one anyway. They usually reimburse on failed sim cards.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@luxiline 

You would normally contact customer support and they will reset your account and try to reprovision the sim card. If it is a dud you purchase a new sim card and remit the reciept for a credit to your account.

Edit:

@luxiline 

Click below to contact the customer support team.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

luxiline

Thank you. The SIM card is exactly the same as the last one and so is the phone. It fits in the tray perfectly but I believe there was an issue with the system that never activated the new sim 😒 

luxiline

I shouldn’t have to go buy another one. I just paid $12 for this one. It’s unfair, that people be expended to keep purchasing items and they don’t work, with no reimbursement!

luxiline

It wasn’t in lost/stolen mode

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@luxiline 

The new sim card could be a slightly different size. Check that there is no dirt or debris in the sim card slot/tray or on the sim card. Make sure it sits snugly in the tray. You may need a little paper shim or well placed piece of tape to secure it so the sim card makes a good contact with the phone.

Edit:

@benfatto  Sim cards cannot be swapped out in lost/stolen mode.

@softech wrote:

You just need to go out and buy a new one

If you can find one. You might be forced to mail order one from somewhere like CCS or Amazon. Don't bother with Public. They take too long.

@luxiline   Check my other post about reseating the sim card.  Try it 

and try to put it on another phone

If it still fails after reseating and on another phone, open a ticket with PM and they can arrange for reimbursement of another new sim card.  You just need to go out and buy a new one

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@luxiline  If you activated Suspend service be sure to click Resume service. Just changing the SIM will not reactivate service. 

luxiline

Everything is as it should be. I’ve checked multiple times and it is the new SIM digits… 

@luxiline   and I am looking at the error again, it said NO SIM.  Usually No sim is an error showing the device not detecting the sim card or a faulty sim card

Try to reseat the sim card (power down, take sim out and put it back and power it back on)

and if you have another phone, try on the other phone as well.  If it is same NO SIM error, very likely a faulty sim

@luxiline wrote:

Number is the same. All I changed was the SIM. I have rebooted multiple times and it’s still saying NO SIM. My account shows everything is fine and the new SIM change was successful. My phone says otherwise…

@luxiline   Yes, if you go back to the SIM change page now, you should see the last 4 digits showing there is the same as the last 4 digits of your new SIM.  If they are different, then maybe the earlier request didn't go through

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@luxiline 

What @softech  is saying.....when you do a SIM change the last digits of your SIM shows at the start of the process.  So go back and take a look...the digits showing....are they the new card or the old one?

luxiline

Number is the same. All I changed was the SIM. I have rebooted multiple times and it’s still saying NO SIM. My account shows everything is fine and the new SIM change was successful. My phone says otherwise…

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@luxiline wrote:

So I lost my SIM card and got a new one. I went on my account and followed all the steps to “Change SIM” all was good! I put the SIM back into my same phone I was using with the previous SIM and it’s saying no SIM. This tells me that obviously the system on public mobile didn’t correctly activate the SIM through their system. How can this be fixed? 

@luxiline  Sim change should be pretty instant

Try one more reboot.  

Or you can log back into Change SIM page and you can compare if the last 4 digits showing there is the new sim 

If still not working, open ticket with PM Support

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@luxiline did you reboot your phone? what does it say in your account now is it the new number?

Need Help? Let's chat.