cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 VoLTE enabled?

Gregoire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was wondering if the S24 is VoLTE enabled by Public. If so, does the VoLTE list in the article ever get updated? https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte
Seems the highest Samsung is the S23.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

no extra cost to manually connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.  Those are the 2 US providers you can use.  Sometimes it is just the phone not pick up the good network

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gregoire  no I haven't.  Don't have US plan.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gregoire, I agree 100%, love the S10+ so it's a bit annoying to know your phone is capable but for whatever reason the service provider has disabled the feature. 

It doesn't cost you anything to manually select a different network. Just go into your phone's settings, go to the Cellular section and search for something like "Network Selection". If it's set to Automatic turn it off and you should see a list of carriers available to you. Public Mobile should work with T-Mobile and AT&T but some have said that Verizon worked for them but for us it did not.

If you have a Canada/US plan make sure you have Data Roaming turned on as well.

Gregoire

Yes, I saw that, but it could be interpreted as being S23, S23+ and S23 Ultra. But not necessarily S24. Anyhoo. Just making sure.

Gregoire

Thanks thesterlinger 🙂 Have you been making phone calls in the US with your phone?

If so they really need to update their list.

Gregoire

Thank you eddieO. Yes, this is the case for me, which is why I am looking at phones rn. My S10e works fine on data and text in the US but I cannot make a phone call. It really is discouraging to have a perfectly fine phone that is not enabled on the company’s side. 
Does it cost you anything to manually connect?

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

nothing better than advise from people using the phone.  Yes, my family using S24 and using VoLTE on the phone

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gregoire, using the phone here in Canada should not be a problem but phones that are not on the whitelist might have issues making and receiving calls in the US. We have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ that is VoLTE capable but not on the whitelist and did not work at first on a trip down south so we had to manually connect to T-Mobile 2G for voice calling and receiving. For data use and texting we had no problems on T-Mobile and AT&T

TheSterlinger

@Gregoire yes it's  VoLTE enabled. Not all phones with VoLTE is on this list. We have samsung A8, not on the list and it's VoLTE enabled. 

Yes this needs to be updated.  

fixin1

@Gregoire - It says in the Brackets (Samsung S23 (AVK2 & Above))

And then for the other series (Plus & Ultra) it is this: Samsung S22/S22+/S22 Ultra (CWAI & above)

Need Help? Let's chat.