cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running out of 100 anytime mins on my $15 plan

MsColere
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I rarely ever use my talk mins on my plan. This month, so far I managed to use 98 of my 100 Canada wide mins included in my $15 monthly plan.

My question is:

Will my talk mins roll over during a call to use the free one time add on’s I have on my account (400min INTL Long Distance (incl CAN & US) AND Free 1000 CAN LD mins) for my calls should I go over my 100 Canada-Wide Talk mins in my monthly plan? 
OR should I be safe and buy a $5 add on for mins?

*Also for clarity, my calls may be local AND they may be long distance- I have no way to know what’s coming through to me.

Thanks!!

12 REPLIES 12

MillsOK

Upgrade

dacdoter

Yes, thank you all for all those replies, it did help, I gave you all a Bravo.  I did schedule it for the next renewal period, and didn't bother trying to reach customer service.

It made me a bit nervous, but when it gave me the final confirmation prompt, it listed my old plan, and everything it included was in the title, and then it asked if I was sure I wanted to change to the new plan, which it described as "100 anytime mins".  It did not mention all the other things like unlimited incoming calls, which is critical to me.

But since I had just seen on the previous screen that it included these things, I decided to trust that it was not a mistake, and that I'll get all those things as advertised.

@dacdoter wrote:

and I don't think I lose anything else that the 2-year-old plan has.

You are not going to loose anything with current $15 but gain!

Unlimited incoming calls, unlimited SMS/MMS in/out worldwide, 250MB data, 100 outgoing minutes Canada wide.

Schedule plan change for next renewal and enjoy!

@dacdoter 

Now that you realize that there was a change to the $15 plan over two years ago allowing unlimited incoming minutes… you have scheduled a plan change for NEXT RENEWAL for her, correct? It’s that easy to get her into the new current plan. Just choose the only $15 plan you see on the list which is the current one allowing unlimited incoming calls. Then select the “At Next Renewal” button as opposed to the “Change Plan Immediately” button.

AE_Collector

@dacdoter Very true. I should have lead with "the current $15 plan" . 😉

dacdoter

@Nezgar wrote:

@MsColere wrote:

*Also for clarity, my calls may be local AND they may be long distance- I have no way to know what’s coming through to me.

Calls coming in to you do not consume any minutes at all - anywhere you are in Canada. You only need to count minutes for your outgoing calls.

This is not necessarily true.  I have a $15 plan for my daughter that is about 2 years old, and my details do not show the "unlimited incoming calls" which is shown on the $15 plan that is advertised today.

I just called her for 7 minutes and indeed saw the counter tick up towards her 100 minute limit.  I plan to submit a change to the new $15 plan for the next renewal period, because that free incoming minutes is a big improvement, and I don't think I lose anything else that the 2-year-old plan has.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@MsColere wrote:

Calls coming in to you do not consume any minutes at all - anywhere you are in Canada. You only need to count minutes for your outgoing calls. Any outgoing call minutes over the 100 in the $15 plan will automatically start deducting from the most recently acquired add-on with Canadian LD.... I think it should use the 1000 CAN LD mins first, then 400min INTL Long Distance...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsColere 

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

@MsColere  But if you want to save those minutes for long distance calling than go ahead and buy the $5 for 500 minutes add on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsColere : ...and seamlessly. Let us know which one it goes to next. It should start hitting the 1000 minutes counter.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you have add-on (purchased or gifted) as soon as you run out of your plan's minutes these add-on will step in. Add-on does not expire and at your next renewal you will get new allotment of call minutes and add-ons will stay intact until needed.

I do not think you should buy new set of 500 minutes as you already have some as add-ons.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes if you have the add-on it will start using it no worries.

Need Help? Let's chat.