cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

tayeb2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM doesn't provide ROAMING except for the USA , which is very inconvenient to all of us.

Can PM do something regarding this matter, or just if you don't like it you know what to do.

i know other competitors to PM offers ROAMING every where.

from this forum , I am requesting PM to allow ROAMING on its network and I completely understand that everything comes with a price.

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tayeb2020 

You can also add your wish to this thread it might increase your chances of it coming true....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I would not expect any international roaming from PM and would not want it as it might cost way more that most people will pay for. Even having US roaming is kind of extra feature for PM. PM is geared more toward local, domestic use.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tayeb2020 wrote:

@tayeb2020 

It's a TRUE and UNTRUE.

PM major competitors are those in the Tier 3 and Freedom.

Freedom and Chatr:  allows roaming everywhere

Lucky: does not allow roaming at all , not even USA

Give you a possibly sad news, with US shutting down it's 3G network, we are not sure if VoLTE will work for PM in US.  So, it is possible that PM might have to eliminate US roaming as well (or at least remove the TALK part of the roaming???)  Fido prepaid already not allowing roaming in US because of this reason (they only offer US roaming for postpaid customers)

But, it is still a good ask.  Maybe PM sees enough requests and will finally understand the financial potentials in that.  However, as you know PM does not monitor this forum a lot, open a proper ticket with PM so they can properly log your suggestion and ask them to push this up to the senior. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Good thought,  @tayeb2020 , however I doubt it will ever happen.

I do agree that there probably would be potential to at least have roaming options for within North America countries... but even that seems to be a pipe dream outside of the USA.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@tayeb2020 wrote:

Public Mobile is Telus' 3rd tier brand, and the direct competitors are Lucky Mobile owend by Bell and Chatr Mobile owed by Rogers. Lucky Mobile doesn't offer any form of international roaming, and Chatr has pay-per use rates of $6.00 per minute, and $30 per megabyte for the EU country of Poland for example - pricing so ridiculous they it should not even be considered an option.

If you simply must have roaming with your Canadian SIM card, then you would consider "upgrading' to either a Koodo or Telus Mobility plan -- But the best value will always be with a local SIM, and/or wifi calling apps while abroad.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tayeb2020 

Ummm...no thanks. Roam like home costs $10/day in the US and $14/day elsewhere capped at $120/month and $180/month on top of your monthly plan amount. Use the work around instead. Call forward your pm number to a voip provider like fongo or textnow. Buy a local sim card they average $20/30 days and come with an average 8+gb of data or if you don't want to pay more then just use your voip provider on free wifi. Simple $15 for your pm plan +$20 for a local sim card if not cheaper=$35 compared to $200+minimum for Canadian provider roaming.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Need Help? Let's chat.