cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Clooch27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan to a 50GB within Canada and the US Data at 5G Speed plan. Unlimited Canada and US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.

I want to know if I need to turn on my roaming on my phone when I am in the States. Or will the plan just work normally their networks (T-Mobile or AT&T).

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

@Clooch27  Then your go to go . Enjoy your visit 🙂

Clooch27

Yes, it has VoLTE.

Clooch27

It changed to H+. Not sure what that is.

@Clooch27  Text and data shouldn’t be an issue its voice that can be problematic. Do you know if you have voLTE . You can test this turn wifi off and set phone to LTE . Now make a phone call does it drop to 3G or stay on LTE ? If it stays on LTE  then voLTE is enabled and you should be golden leaving phone set to LTE while in the states with data roaming turned on in phone setting and of course connected to T mobile or AT&T 

HI @Clooch27 for data, it works ok mostly

for voice, depends if your phone has VoLTE, better if yours is.  What model our phone?

Clooch27

In the States, you haven't had any problems? Data, texting & talk? I just want it to work without any problems.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Yes you need to turn roaming on. You're still roaming, it's just included with your plan rather than having to pay extra for it.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Clooch27 As PM is all pre paid and you will never be charged after the fact, there is no reason not to leave roaming on all the time. Mine has been turned on for a number of years now with no issues.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Clooch27 

you will need to connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T.  Make sure you stay with 4G network as 5G might not work well.  And make sure you turn on Mobile Data Roaming on your phone

Also, if phone cannot connect to either network with the automatic settings, try manual connect

and voice might or might not work well.  If you care voice, connect to T-Mobile as it gives you both VoLTE and 2G for voice

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Clooch27  Yes turn data roaming on in phone settings when in the US and make sure your connected to T mobile or  AT&T . And leave phone set to LTE assuming your phone / account has voLTE enabled if not for voice only T mobile and phone set to 2G will voice work 

Need Help? Let's chat.